DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX:D05) HEFFX Highlights
- The Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) expects policy fine-tuning from the Indian government — on the lines of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) — in coming weeks.
- According to DBS, incoming high-frequency data are likely to improve. The index of industrial production for August — due this week — is poised to extend gains from July’s 1.2 per cent, said DBS in its daily economic report today.
- As GST-driven distortions fade, expectations are set on festive-driven demand, good monsoon, remonetisation and higher disposable income following an increase in wage or allowances to provide support to the production outlook, it said. Production in 2017-18 is likely to be around 2%, slower than last year’s 4.6 per cent, added the Singapore banking group.
DBS Group Holdings Ltd is an investment holding company. The Company performs its operation through its subsidiary, DBS Bank Ltd (the Bank), which is engaged in a range of commercial banking and financial services, principally in Asia. The Company’s operating segments include Consumer Banking/Wealth Management; Institutional Banking; Treasury, and Others. The Consumer Banking/Wealth Management segment provides individual customers with a range of banking and related financial services. The Institutional Banking segment provides financial services and products to institutional clients, including bank and non-bank financial institutions, government-linked companies, corporates, and small and medium-sized businesses. The Treasury segment provides treasury services to corporations, institutional and private investors, financial institutions and other market participants. The Others segment includes a range of activities from corporate decisions.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 20.85.
The projected upper bound is: 22.04.
The projected lower bound is: 20.77.
The projected closing price is: 21.40.
DBS GRP HLDGS closed down -0.100 at 21.420. Volume was 42% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 32% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
21.550 21.550 21.400 21.420 2,311,400
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 21.35 20.80 19.94
Volatility: 16 19 20
Volume: 2,799,840 3,958,856 4,427,355
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
DBS GRP HLDGS is currently 7.4% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is low as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into DBSM.SI (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on DBSM.SI and have had this outlook for the last 15 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 64.1027. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 60.98. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 53 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 78. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 19 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019