DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX:D05) HEFFX Highlights
- Chubb Limited announced today that it has entered into a 15-year distribution agreement with DBS Bank, the largest banking group in Southeast Asia. Under the terms of the agreement, Chubb will distribute general insurance products on an exclusive or preferred basis through multiple DBS banking channels, including in-branch and various direct marketing channels.
- The partnership covers five markets in Asia – Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia and China. Property and casualty (P&C) insurance products for small to mid-sized enterprises, as well as coverages for home, contents and selected personal accident and supplemental health (A&H) insurance products, will be distributed on an exclusive basis.
- Based in Singapore, DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia that offers consumer banking, wealth management, and commercial banking for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The bank has nearly 7 million customers in six countries, including over 3 million internet and 2 million mobile banking customers.
DBS Group Holdings Ltd is an investment holding company. The Company performs its operation through its subsidiary, DBS Bank Ltd (the Bank), which is engaged in a range of commercial banking and financial services, principally in Asia. The Company’s operating segments include Consumer Banking/Wealth Management; Institutional Banking; Treasury, and Others. The Consumer Banking/Wealth Management segment provides individual customers with a range of banking and related financial services. The Institutional Banking segment provides financial services and products to institutional clients, including bank and non-bank financial institutions, government-linked companies, corporates, and small and medium-sized businesses. The Treasury segment provides treasury services to corporations, institutional and private investors, financial institutions and other market participants. The Others segment includes a range of activities from corporate decisions.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 21.60.
The projected lower bound is: 20.18.
The projected closing price is: 20.89.
DBS GRP HLDGS closed up 0.020 at 20.910. Volume was 5% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 40% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
20.950 21.020 20.820 20.910 4,329,400
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 20.55 20.90 19.74
Volatility: 19 21 20
Volume: 3,476,350 4,176,698 4,525,147
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
DBS GRP HLDGS is currently 5.9% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of DBSM.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on DBSM.SI and have had this outlook for the last 4 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 76.9697. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 57.81. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 42 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 214.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 8 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019