#COVID #disease #fingerprints
There are 7 types of symptoms you could experience if infected with the coronavirus.
Additionally, the disease leaves behind significant changes in the immune system, even after 10 wks, according to a recent study by a team of MedUni Vienna scientists.
The 7 groups of symptoms include the following:
- Flu-like symptoms with fever, chills, fatigue and cough
- Common cold-like symptoms with rhinitis, sneezing, dry throat and nasal congestion
- Joint and muscle pain
- Eye and mucosal inflammation
- Lung problems with pneumonia and shortness of breath
- Gastrointestinal problems, including diarrhea, nausea and headache
- Loss of sense of smell and taste
Researchers found that loss of smell and taste predominantly affects individuals with a young immune system, measured by the number of immune cells (T lymphocytes) that have recently emigrated from the thymus gland. They also established that COVID-19 leaves behind long-detectable changes in the blood of convalescents, very similar to a fingerprint.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street, Stocks Set to Make November the Best Month in 20 yrs - November 23, 2020
- Monday’s World Stock Markets: Asia-Pacific - November 23, 2020
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report, All Buys - November 23, 2020