A site with a rich history
Ujarrás is a town in the Cachí District of Paraíso Canton in Cartago, which in addition to its privileged setting in the Orosi Valley, holds a wealth of history from our ancestors. We were to this beautiful area of Cartage and we will tell you what we saw…
Enjoy with your family at no additional cost
Among its most popular tourist attractions are the country’s oldest buildings, including the Catholic Templo de la Purísima Concepción del Rescate in Ujarrás.
According to the story, the current temple was built between 1691 and 1693 by the order of Governor Gómez de Lara. This old construction was made with stone and lime, the traditional system of the time.
Enjoy a traditional caldosa
The ruins of Ujarrás are waiting for you to discover the beauty of their surroundings and enjoy a garden that will make your daily stress melt away.
In addition, you can enjoy a delicious, traditional caldosa (corn chips and ceviche) prepared by local businesses.
We took some great photos of the beautiful landscapes here, you can too!
- Address: 5 km (3.2 miles) east along the highway to Cachí.
- Free admission
- Services: Picnic tables, barbecue areas, drinking water, green areas, restrooms.
- Bus service: From Cartago on the Orosi or Cachí route.
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Milan Fashion Week Summer/Spring 2020 continues to amaze - September 21, 2019
- China’s AliExpress debuts at Milan Fashion Week with special “buy while watching” event - September 21, 2019
- G1 Goal for New Pierro Stakes-Winner Rock - September 20, 2019