Conflicts of Interest Exist Between Robert Mueller and President Trump
US President Donald Trump ripped into Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, which he referred to as a “Rigged Witch Hunt,” and slammed the special counsel for not releasing his conflicts of interest with the President Sunday
The President detailed the conflicts for the 1st time: “We had a very nasty & contentious business relationship, I turned him down to head the FBI (one day before appointment as S.C.) & (James) Comey is his close friend.”
In January the NY-Ts reported that President Trump ordered Mr. Mueller fired from his role as special counsel in part because of 3 conflicts of interest, they are as follows:
- Mr. Mueller in Y 2011 had a dispute over fees at Trump’s National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia, over fees (reportedly still not paid) and still held a grudge against President Trump over the matter
- Mr. Mueller previously worked for a law firm that represented Jared Kushner.
- Mr. Mueller was interviewed to return for a 2nd term as FBI director immediately before being appointed as special counsel in May.
The “13 Angry Democrats” appears to refer to employees in the special counsel’s office who have registered with the party or have given money to Democratic candidates.
Have a terrific week.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Brazilian Grand Prix – Zero Points for Scuderia Ferrari - November 18, 2019
- Chief Justice Blocks House’s Attempt to Access President Trump’s Tax Returns - November 18, 2019
- President Awarding the National Medal of Arts to Jon Voight - November 18, 2019