Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street
$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX, $VXX
- Last Wednesday post election spike either stands on its own or platforms for a breakout.
- PPI at a 6 year high with prices +2.9% Y-Y.
- S&P 500, DJIA in excellent tests, NAS Comp work’in on it
- This week we see new leaders come up to support last week and follow through.
There is plenty of news and some earnings: CPI, Retail Sales, PMI’s, and Industrial Production, lots for investors and the Fed to consider.
Last wee we saw 2 sessions of testing Wednesday’s big move North
The Big Q: Will Thursday and Friday’s test move give way to a resumption of the Northside.
We are watching the leading patterns to lead, some are leading, others setting up, others bear looking at as possibilities to lead and will be ready if they make the break North.
Pay attention, this can be a great time of the year for buys and wins, it is your money and so your responsibility.
Bulls Vs Bears
Our Bull/Bear indicator is not perfect but we did accurately warn clients in late January and early February that an October sell-off was coming.
Overall, HeffX-LTN holds an optimistic view of this market, and our Y 2018 target for the S&P 500 remains 3,000, indicating a 8% gainer from last Friday’s close.
The Bulls dove from the low 60’s to the low 40’s.
The Bears are up and steady
This now gets at least interesting.
Bulls fell 6.2 pts, now well below 50, and now negative sentiment will ramp up. It is noteworthy that the market rebounded in the aftermath.
Bears made a significant move for the Bears.
The Bulls are at: 42.5 Vs 44.3 last
The Bears are at: 19.8 Vs 19.8 last
VIX: 17.36; +0.64
VXN: 24.27; +1.41
VXO: 18.09; +1.18
Put/Call Ratio (PCR) CBOE : 1.11; +0.14
Support and Resistance
HeffX-LTN’s US Major Stock Market Indexes Technical Analysis for the Weekended 9 November 2018
Have a terrific week
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report, All Buys - March 31, 2020
- Have We Have Seen ‘The Golden Age’ of Restaurants? - March 31, 2020
- This is a Very Volatile Stock Market, What Does it Mean? - March 31, 2020