Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street
$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX
Looking at the major US stock market action in light of the recent NKorean peace summit, no US-China trade war, and President Trump the The Congress’ harangue with the DOJ and FBI.
- US, China trade tariffs; market held up well.
- Economic data good not great, better coming
- Key index action Friday suggests most of the move was just position squaring
- Good patterns set ups augur well for the Northside to continue.
- FAANGs still look fine.
The financial markets saw choppy trade last week, 1 analyst I read, called it the “Week from Hell” and it is in the book.
The NAS Comp, the Russell 2000, and S&P 400 marked new highs on the week before some fade late
The benchmark S&P 500 and DJIA did not mark new highs, but held up very well, setting up for a new run higher despite news that most predicted would scupper any idea of a Northside move.
This week the S&P 500 (SPY) and DJIA (DIA) start the week in position to make good moves if the conditions align.
Many tech stocks remain positive and not extended after starting good upside breaks. So, far tech and growth have done well, and still warrant play.
On the industrials.
We expect them survive the back and forth talk on tariffs and hold their patterns (China will cave) so keep watch and when they break North its time for them again.
Remember, pay attention, it is your money and so, your responsibility.
The Bulls Vs The Beats
VIX: 11.98; -0.14
VXN: 15.42; -0.52
VXO: 11.01; +0.50
Put/Call Ratio (PCR) CBOE: 0.93; 0.00
The Bulls up 5.5 points over the past 3 weeks, The Bears -1.4 over the same frame. After dropping sharply during the stock rebound, Bulls get up a bit. The Bears rallied into the selling, now fading after a few weeks North, and so it goes…
The Bulls are at 55.5 Vs 52.9 last
The Bears are at: 17.8 Vs 17.7 last
HeffX-LTN’s US Major Stock Market Indexes Technical Analysis for the Week Ended 15 June 2018
Have a terrific week
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Gold Prices Continue to Drive North - June 24, 2019
- Canopy Growth (NYSE:CDC) Stops Buying Small Marijuana Producers - June 24, 2019
- Wall Street: “Sanders Student Debt Plan Could Bring More Pain” - June 24, 2019