$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX, $VXX
|Strong: Industrials, Materials, Financials, Consumer Discretionary|
|Weak: Utilities, Real Estate|
China’s willingness to eliminate the US trade imbalance.
- According to a report Friday, China made an offer during trade negotiations earlier this month to boost the amount of US imports, such that the trade balance with the US would be $0 by Y 2024.
- It is not the news itself that sparked an extended rally, but the tenor of recent trade headlines that have fed hope for a meaningful trade deal.
It is evident that the market is starting to price in the positive effects of a trade deal with China should augur well for global growth and corporate earnings prospects.
China’s offer to go on a 6 year buying spree to ramp up imports from the would reconfigure the relationship between the world’s 2 largest economies.
Now expect the trade deals to be ratified with Canada and Mexico. The EU is next,
The Trump trade policy is working.
Friday, the major US stock market indexes finished at: DJIA +336.25 at 24706.35, NAS Comp +72.26 at 7156.74, S&P 500 +34.75 at 2670.67
Volume: Trade on the NYSE came in at 1.0-B/shares exchanged
- Russell 2000 +9.9% YTD
- NAS Comp +7.9% YTD
- S&P 500 +6.5% YTD
- DJIA +5.9% YTD
HeffX-LTN’s Key technical indicators for the US major stock indexes have turned Bullish to Very Bullish for the week ending 18 January 2019.
Have a terrific weekend
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Hong Kong: HANG SENG INDEX (.HSI) HEFFX Charts and Technicals - September 22, 2020
- Number of Bitcoin: BTC/USD (BTC=X) ATMs Exceeds 10K - September 22, 2020
- Gold 1 OZ (XAU=X) Support At $1720 - September 22, 2020