Monday, acting Pentagon Chief Patrick Shanahan said he had provided Congress with a list of projects from the military construction budget that could be cut back in order to help pay for a Wall on the border with Mexico.
Last month President Trump declared a national emergency in a bid to fund his promised wall at the US-Mexico border without Congressional approval.
The emergency declaration allows The Trump Administration to use money from the military construction budget, if needed.
President Trump issued the 1st veto of his Presidency Friday to block a measure passed by Democrats and Republicans in Congress that would terminate his emergency declaration for a wall on the US border with Mexico to stem illegal immigration and crime.
Speaking before the start of his meeting with his French counterpart, Mr. Shanahan was asked if he had sent the list of projects to Congress.
“I have,” Mr. Shanahan said.
The more than 20-page document seen by Reuters included all the projects that were not awarded funding as of 31 December 2018.
It is essentially up to Congress to go through the list and figure out which projects will not be affected, including military housing, barracks and projects that have already been awarded funding.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report - December 5, 2019
- Outlook for Gold and Silver in 2020 - December 5, 2019
- F1: Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Vettel and Leclerc to Start 2020 Season as Equals - December 4, 2019