Bringing the Mind, Body and Soul Together takes Practice
How we feel physically, mentally, and spiritually all play a role in our overall well being.
The Big Q: What steps are you taking daily to ensure you are balanced?
Our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and attitudes can positively or negatively affect our biological functioning.
Simplyput, our minds can affect how healthy our bodies are.
What we do with our physical body, what we eat, how much we exercise, and our posture impacts our mental state: positively or negatively.
This results in a complex interrelationship between our minds and bodies.
The Big A: Daily actions can bring the mind, body, and soul into balance.
These are some of my favorites, as follows:
- Self-Education : Continually learning keeps the mind sharp and engaged.
- Daily Exercise: This could be as simple as going for a short walk, or much more intensive, like hitting the gym. Daily exercise keeps your body healthy and requires mental discipline.
- Good Posture : We were not meant to sit all day or stare down at our phones for hours on end. Practicing good posture keeps your back healthy and boosts your self-confidence.
- Meditation : Like with exercising, you can do this as intensely as you wish. I personally practice meditation only 10 mins a day, I have do an hour daily. Meditation helps clear the mind and center your emotions.
- Hobbies: Discover and act on your other passions through hobbies. Just setting aside 30 mine a day to do something you enjoy can significantly boost your mood, energy, and happiness. Me, I found something I love to do, over 50 years ago, and have never worked since.
- Sleep Schedule : When you go to bed/get up will vary for everyone, what is important is that it is on a consistent schedule and that you are getting enough sleep. We cannot perform well mentally or physically if you are tired.
- Adventure and Travel : Change your environment from time to time and challenge your comfort zone. It sharpens the senses and builds resiliency.
Breathe…Sit, stand, lean, jump, crawl, be active.
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Stock Traders Bet Fed Will Cut Rates - October 20, 2019
- Mexico Is Paying for President Trump’s Wall (in Part) - October 20, 2019
- The 5 Safest Cities in the World - October 13, 2019