Box Office: “Avengers: Infinity War” Continues to Dominate
$DIS, $LGF, $VIA, $TWX
- MGM and Lionsgate’s (NYSE:LGF) remake of Overboard. The romantic comedy, starring popular Mexican actor Eugenio Derbez and Anna Faris, grossed$14.8-M from 1,623 theaters to come in #2. It is the biggest opening to date for Lionsgate’s Pantelion Films, which took advantage of the Cinco de Mayo holiday in plugging the movie, which earned an A- CinemaScore from audiences,Hispanics made up 42% of ticket buyers.
- Paramount’s, a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ:VIA) hit horror film A Quiet Place came in #3 in its 5th outing with $7.6-M for a domestic box office take of $159.9-M. Globally, the movie passed the $250-M mark to finish Sunday with $255.3-M in worldwide box office.
- STX’s Amy Schumer comedy I Feel Pretty placed #4 with $4.9-M for a soft tally of $37.8-M. It has earned $46.8-M worldwide to date.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Rampage, from Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) rounded out the Top 5 with $4.6-M to finish Sunday with a global box office of $377.9-M.
At the specialty box office
Magnolia and Participant Media’s RBG, a documentary about US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The film placed # 16 with $560,000 from 34 theaters for a strong per-screen average of $16,471.
Have some fun, see a movie this week.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Gold Markets Pullback Looking for Support - January 29, 2020
- Like Cinema? These 5 Film Festivals are for Diehard Cinephiles - January 28, 2020
- Build a Better Heart, Change Your Lifestyle - January 28, 2020