Wednesday, all digital currency prices spike due North, with most major coins/token recording double-digital gainers.
Currently, Bitcoin is trading at: 4,252.71,-10.81, or -0.2535%, as of 12:19a, GMT, the market is open.
After a rough November and a rougher year, Bitcoin found some support over the past 48 hours and is attempting to set a base around the $3,500-$4,000 mark, and may just have put in a Key reversal day, we will know if that happened in the next 5 trading sessions.
“It is worth paying attention to the market behavior near $3,500. This is an area that saw drastic increase back in September 2017, so technical analysis urges us to track the price dynamics near these levels,” wrote the digital coin markets analyst at FX Pro Insights.
“Those kinds of safeguards do not exist currently in all of the exchange venues where digital currencies trade,” Mr. Clayton said, speaking at the Consensus Invest conference in New York.
Altcoins and futures follow Bitcoins move North
Altcoins — the collection of cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin moved higher with Bitcoin Wednesday.
- Ether ETHUSD was up 14.8% at $124.76
- Litecoin LTCUSD was up 15.8% at $35.37
- XRP XRPUSD was up 10.9% at 40c
- Bitcoin Cash BCHUSD was up 12.8% at $197.40.
The broad-based rally added $20-B to the market value of all cryptocurrencies, which was last at $142-B, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
Bitcoin futures also moved higher Wednesday
The Cboe Global Markets December contract XBTZ8 finished the session + 15.1% at $4,240, and the CME Group November contract BTCX8 closed +15.6% at $4,300
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- DJIA Swings 507 Pts on Trump, Schumer Dustup, Finishes Flat - December 11, 2018
- President Trump to Schumer, Pelosi: “I Will Be the 1 to Shut Down Government Over ‘The Wall'” - December 11, 2018
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - December 11, 2018