Big Day for Darley’s Farhh
Wells Farhh Go (by first-season sire Farhh) caught the eye late last month when winning impressively on his racecourse debut and on 23 August, he made a successful return to the Knavesmire when landing the G3 Acomb Stakes.
Tim Easterby’s charge was settled off the pace during the early stages of the seven-furlong contest but making headway once approaching the final two furlongs, stayed on superbly to outbattle James Garfield (Exceed And Excel) to win by a nose. The pair were almost four lengths clear of the third-placed horse.
Wells Farhh Go was bred by Maria Marron and is the sixth winner out of Mowazana (Galileo), a half-sister to the dam of G2 winner and G1 Prix de l’Abbaye second Rangali. He is from the family of G1 winners Ibn Bey, Roseate Tern and Red Bloom.
Farhh, who was a superb racehorse who won both the G1 Champions Stakes and G1 Lockinge (and found only Frankel too good in the G1 Juddmonte International at this meeting), is also sire of Stakes-placed winner Fa Ul Sciur.
B 2008 16.1HH (1.65M)
By Pivotal – Gonbarda (Lando)
Standing at Dalham Hall Stud, Newmarket
Equally brilliant over a mile and 10f, won the G1 Champion and the G1 Lockinge, and went unbeaten at both two and three. The best ever by Pivotal and first yearlings to sell in 2016 average £45,000. First crop off to a winning start through the impressive Fa Ul Sciur in Italy.
- Maiden race, 7f, Newmarket, by 6l.
- Handicap, 8f, Newmarket, by 2½l, beating Roayh, Mull Of Killough, Viva Vettori, Dubawi Sound, Making Eyes.
- Thirsk Hunt Cup H, 8f, Thirsk, by 6l, beating Dubai Dynamo, Advanced, Clockmaker, Don’t Call Me.
- International S (G1), 10½f, York, to Frankel, beating Sir Nicholas Abbey, Twice Over, Bullet Train, Sri Putra, Planteur, Robin Hood, Windsor Palace.
- Eclipse S (G1), 10f, Sandown, to Nathaniel, by ½l, beating Twice Over, Cityscape, Crackerjack King, Bonfire, Sri Putra, Monterosso, City Style.
- Sussex S (G1), 8f, Goodwood, to Frankel, beating Gabrial, Bullet Train.
- Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (G1), 8f, Longchamp, to Moonlight Cloud, by a head, beating Sarkiyla, Caspar Netscher.
- Prince Of Wales’s S (G1), 10f, Royal Ascot, to So You Think, Carlton House, beating Reliable Man, Sri Putra, City Style, Planteur, Colombian, Wigmore Hall, Big Blue Kitten, Robin Hood.
- Champion S (G1), 10f, Ascot, beating Cirrus Des Aigles, Ruler Of The World, Hunter’s Light, Mukhadram, Hillstar, Morandi, Main Sequence, Parish Hall, Triple Threat.
- Lockinge S (G1), 8f, Newbury, by 4l, beating Sovereign Debt, Aljamaaheer, Chil The Kite, Declaration Of War, Fencing, Penitent, Amaron, Reply, Trumpet Major, Libranno, Cityscape.
- Timeform 133
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Red Element Headlines Bloodstock Auction Sale in Australia - April 28, 2019
- Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris at ParisLongchamp - April 22, 2019
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019