BC Iron Limited (ASX:BCI) HEFFX Highlights
- Needle moving action has been spotted in BC Iron Ltd (BCI.AX) as shares are moving today on volatility 14.71% or $0.025 from the open. The ASX listed company saw a recent bid of $0.195 and 4290000 shares have traded hands in the session.
- Market watchers diligently track the companies they think can do well to grow earnings. The goal is typically to discover stocks that are most likely to outperform in the future. Many investors like to keep tabs on sell-side analyst views.
- Following the direction estimates are trending may provide a deeper glimpse into the health of a company. Investors may need to follow a disciplined system which may help keep emotions in check when making investment decisions. On the other end, it may be necessary to craft a new strategy if the old system isn’t providing the types of expected returns.
- It can also become very time-consuming to keep up with shorter-term trends and events. Managing the short-term plan with the long-term plan can be difficult given the existing economic climate.
BC Iron Limited is an iron ore mining and development company. The Company’s principal activities include operation, development and exploration of mineral projects, focusing primarily on iron ore deposits in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. It operates through four segments: Iron Valley, Buckland, Nullagine Joint Venture and Other. Its projects include the Nullagine Joint Venture (NJV), Iron Valley and Buckland. The NJV is located approximately 150 kilometers north of Newman in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The Iron Valley is a mine located in the Central Pilbara and has a mineral resources of approximately 246.8 megaton (Mt) at over 58.4% Iron (Fe) and an ore reserve of approximately 129.9 Mt at over 58.9% Fe. The Buckland is a development project, which is located in the West Pilbara region. The Company also has interest in various other exploration-stage projects in the Pilbara and royalties over the Koodaideri South and North Marillana tenements.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 0.16.
The projected upper bound is: 0.22.
The projected lower bound is: 0.18.
The projected closing price is: 0.20.
BCIRON FPO closed up 0.025 at 0.195. Volume was 217% above average (trending) and Bollinger Bands were 56% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
0.175 0.195 0.175 0.195 4,285,786
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 0.17 0.14 0.18
Volatility: 122 89 107
Volume: 1,721,349 1,189,839 2,140,811
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
BCIRON FPO is currently 10.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into BCI.AX (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on BCI.AX and have had this outlook for the last 20 periods. Our momentum oscillator is currently indicating that BCI.AX is currently in an overbought condition. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 83.3333. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 76.39. This is where it usually tops. The RSI usually forms tops and bottoms before the underlying security. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 135.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 23 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019