Barack Hussein Obama Ankles the Oval Office, Legacy Shredded
Recall that in his Y 2016 State of the Union address, US President Barack Hussein Obama summarized his achievements in office
After his boastful address, the White House touting Mr. Obama’s accomplishments in a press release
Very soon he and his family will be moved out of the White House as President Elect Donald Trump takes office on 20 January 2017.
The Big Q: How well did Mr. Obama’s initiatives work out?
- Securing the historic Paris climate agreement: the accord was never submitted to Congress as a Treaty. It will be ignored by President Donald Trump.
- Achieving the Iran nuclear deal: That was another effort to circumvent the Treaty-ratifying authority of Congress. It has Green-lighted Iranian aggression, and it likely ensured nuclear proliferation. Iran’s violations will cause the new Trump Administration to either scrap the accord or send it to Congress for its rejection.
- Securing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP): Even Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton came out against this failed initiative. It has little support in Congress or among the American public. Notably, opposition to the TTP helped fuel Donald Trump resounding victory over Hillary Clinton.
- Reopening Cuba: The recent Miami celebration of the death of Fidel Castro, and Donald Trump’s victory in Florida, are testimonies to the 1-sided deal’s unpopularity in the US. The US got little in return for the Castro Brothers’ propaganda coup.
- Destroying ISIL, and dismantling al Qaeda: We are at last making some progress against some of these JV (junior varsity) teams, as Barack Hussein Obama has described the Islamic State. Importantly, neither group has been dismantled or destroyed. The widespread reach of radical Islam into Europe and the United States remains largely unchecked.
- Ending US combat missions in Afghanistan and Iraq: The Afghan war continues to rage. The withdrawal of all of the US Peacekeepers in Y 2011 from a quiet Iraq helped sow the seeds of chaos in the rest of the Middle East. We are now sending more combat troops back into Iraq.
- Closing Guantanamo Bay: This is an 8-year broken Obama campaign promise. The detention center still houses dangerous terrorists.
- Re-balancing to the Asia-Pacific region. Mr. Obama’s so called “Asia Pivot” is an utter failure. The Philippines is now pro-Russian and pro-Chinese. Traditional allies such Japan, Taiwan and South Korea are concerned that the US is no longer a reliable guarantor of their autonomy.
- Supporting Central American development. The once-achievable promise of a free-market, democratic Latin America is in deep slumber or dead. Dictatorships in Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua remain impoverished bullies, each have been appeased by the Obama Administration.
- Strengthening Cybersecurity. Democrat with Mr. Obama in the lead claim Russian interference in our Presidential election. If true, it is proof that there is no such thing as “cybersecurity.” The WikiLeaks releases, the hacked Hillary Clinton, DNC and John Podesta e-Mails and the Edward Snowden disclosures confirm that the Obama Administration is the least Cybersecure Presidency in history.
- Growing the Open Government Partnership. The NSA scandal, the hounding of journalists, some of the WikiLeaks data troves and the corruption at the IRS all reveal that the Obama Administration is probably the least transparent Presidencies in memory.
- Honoring our nation’s Vets: Barack Hussein Obama’s Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) is mired in scandal, and some of its nightmarish VA hospitals were awash in disease and unnecessary deaths. Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki was forced to resign amid controversy. Former Homeland Security Secretary (HSS) Janet Napolitano apologized for issuing an offensive report falsely concluding that returning war Vets were liable to join right-wing terrorist groups.
- Strengthening policing. Lethal attacks on our police are soaring.
- Promoting immigrant and refugee integration and citizenship awareness: The southern US border is largely unenforced. Immigration law is ignored. Mr. Obama’s refugee policy was unpopular proving a disaster, as illustrated by the Boston Marathon bombings, the San Bernardino attack, the Orlando nightclub shooting and the recent Ohio State University terrorist violence.
Notably, what Barack Hussein Obama’s staff omitted: his doubling of the US debt in 8 years, the unworkable Affordable Care Act (ACA) aka Barack Obamacare, 7 years of anemic economic growth, record labor non-participation, failed policy resets abroad, and a Middle East in ruins.
Barack Hussein Obama has disappeared from the news cycles giving rise to the abstract notion of the popularity of a lame-duck Obama was more popular than the cold reality of the 8-years of President Obama.
Barack Hussein Obama departs the Oval office with the ruin of the Democratic Party into a well financed lucrative post-Presidency, he is detached and without a legacy, and should be “shoved” into obscurity and shame not popularity.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- President Trump is the Man to Run the Country in This ‘National Emergency’ - April 1, 2020
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report, All Buys - April 1, 2020
- The Top 5 DJIA Stocks for Q-1 are… - April 1, 2020