Bank of China Ltd (HKG:3988) HEFFX Highlights
- A Bank of China executive has backed the City of London to help manage the risk posed by Beijing’s mammoth infrastructure programme, the belt and road initiative.
- Sun Yu, general manager of the bank’s London branch, said the capital’s powerhouse financial sector could be a “solution provider” for the 900 billion US dollar (£666 billion) project designed to bolster economic growth across Asia and the wider world.
- The programme has been branded the modern day silk road and will include a string of developments spanning the globe, from a high-speed railway in east Africa, a port in Sri Lanka and bridges in Bangladesh.
BANK OF CHINA LIMITED is a China-based commercial bank. The Bank is mainly engaged in the provision of banking and related financial services, including commercial banking business, investment banking business, insurance business, direct investments and investment management businesses, fund management business and aircraft leasing business, as well as others. The Company mainly provides loans to individual and corporate clients. The Bank mainly operates its businesses in China mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, as well as other countries.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 4.10.
The projected lower bound is: 3.85.
The projected closing price is: 3.97.
BANK OF CHINA closed down -0.040 at 3.970. Volume was 32% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 28% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
4.010 4.010 3.970 3.970 231,766,944
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 4.01 3.94 3.79
Volatility: 13 20 21
Volume: 299,263,296 378,433,152 323,968,288
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
BANK OF CHINA is currently 4.9% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of 3988.HK at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on 3988.HK and have had this outlook for the last 4 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 50.0000. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 17 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 47.10. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 31 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -94. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019