Dampening inflammation is a must for people with chronic inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. But you can be exposed to damaging inflammation without having a specific medical condition.
Inflammation prevents the body from adequately reacting to stressors and puts the aging process on an unwanted fast track, increasing the likelihood of problems like heart disease.
The negative effects of inflammation can be so significant that leading researchers from the University of Bologna in Italy coined the phrase “inflamm-aging.”
Making anti-inflammation lifestyle choices is good for everyone.
Here’s how to avoid inflamm-aging as follows:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet focusing on foods like fatty fish, fruits and vegetables. Keep in mind that sugar is highly inflammatory, so eat Real food.
- Get active with moderate cardio exercise. Remember: Good health guidelines call for 30 mins a day on at least 5 days per week.
- Lose excess weight, especially if you are carrying those pounds around your middle.
- Avoid exposure to all forms of secondhand smoke, and of course, if you smoke, quit.
- Limit alcohol to 1 drink per day if a woman, 2 a man.
- Clock 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Some people need more, others need less, but this is the sweet spot between not enough and too much.
- Manage stress. Stress is often unavoidable, but you can minimize its effects with techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Stay social with strong connections to friends and family.
Talk to your physician about ways to boost heart health and any other steps about your needs to counter inflammation.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) A Look At The Technicals - August 3, 2020
- HEFFX Projects Over 30% Upside For Astellas Pharma (4503.T) - August 3, 2020
- Denka (4061.T) Keep This Stock In Your Watchlist - August 3, 2020