Australian Sires: Helmet
Helmet’s star Italian three-year-old colt Anda Muchacho landed his fourth Stakes race on Sunday, 15 October when taking the G3 Premio del Piazzale. Always going well in the 1800m contest run in Milan, he won with plenty to spare over the front-running Voice Of Love (Poet’s Voice) with the English-raider Red Label (Dubawi) coming through from the rear to finish third.
From only six career starts, Anda Muchacho has now won a brace of G3’s having already won the Italian 2,000 Guineas back in May, as well as two further Listed races over today’s course. The only time he has been beaten was when a non-staying third in the G2 Derby Italiano.
Bred by Thomas Hassett, he is a son of the unraced Shamardal mare Montefino, whose first foal was the G3 juvenile Parsley. Montefino is a daughter of G2 winner Monturani and granddaughter of Mezzogiorno, who was placed in both the G1 Epsom and Yorkshire Oaks.
Anda Muchacho is from the first crop of Helmet which also includes the dual G1-winner Thunder Snow and Stakes winners Eqtiraan and Taamol. He already has a multiple Stakes-winning juvenile from his second crop in Met Spectrum, unbeaten in three starts in Italy.
The best two-year-old by the world’s best sire of two-year-olds. At three, won the G1 Caulfield Guineas in record time, earning a 127 Timeform rating. That’s higher than Exceed And Excel and Danehill. First Australian-bred crop have hit the ground running led by G3 winner’s Archives and this season’s star juvenile filly Limestone. His first-crop in the northern hemisphere is led by G1-winning juvenile colt Thunder Snow.
Helmet is standing this season at a fee of $16,500 Inc GST.
- Sires’ Produce S (G1), 1400m, Randwick, beating Uate, Pane In The Glass, Shared Reflections, Disputes, Fast And Sexy, Elite Falls, Do You Think, King’s Pact, Boys On Tour, Exceed And Exalt.
- Champagne S (G1), 1600m, Randwick, beating Pane In The Glass, Fast And Sexy, Boys On Tour, Disputes, Cocky Raider, Uate, Running Tall, Queenian.
- Handicap, 1200m, Rosehill, by 2¼l, beating Florentina.
- Handicap, 1200m, Rosehill, by 2l.
- Caulfield Guineas (G1), 1600m, Caulfield, beating Manawanui, Huegill, Specter, Smart Missile, Secret Hills, Chase The Rainbow.
- Caulfield Guineas Prelude (G3), 1400m, by 3¼l, Caulfield, beating Secret Hills, Specter, Running Tall, Cross Of Gold, That’s The One, Isopach, Absalon, Golden Archer, Grand Britannia.
- Golden Rose S (G1), 1400m, Rosehill, to Manawanui, Smart Missile, beating Foxwedge, Flight Of Pegasus, Aeronautical.
- Run To The Rose S (G3), 1200m, Rosehill, to Smart Missile, Foxwedge, beating Karuta Queen, Flight Of Pegasus, Boys On Tour, Diamond To Pegasus.
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Red Element Headlines Bloodstock Auction Sale in Australia - April 28, 2019
- Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris at ParisLongchamp - April 22, 2019
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019