$XAU, $GLD, $USD, $USO, $OIL
FLASH: Gold Steady, USD Up, Crude Oil Flat, Stocks Off
- Asia shares slip on BREXIT snag
- Crude Oil prices fell after data showed US stocks rose more than expected last week.
- Gold holds steady, as technical buying gives support
Gold: Gold prices were largely unchanged Wednesday, as investors awaited more clarity on the BREXIT and the US-China trade dispute, while some technical buying provided modest support to bullion.
- Spot gold was up 0.1% at $1,489.31 oz as of 0622 GMT,
- US gold futures rose 0.3% to $1,492.40 oz.
Gold has been rising modestly on technical buying since it fell to the $1,470 mark
Energy: Crude Oil prices fell after industry group data showed US stocks rose more than expected last week.
On the whole the market held firm after China signalled progress in trade talks with the United States and OPEC and its allies consider deeper production cuts.
- ICE Brent Crude Oil futures fell 0.52% to $59.39 bbl,
- NYMEX WTI Crude Oil futures lost 0.81% to $54.04 bbl.
Equities: US stock futures and Asian shares slipped Wednesday as revenue warnings from Texas Instruments raised worries about the global tech sector and after British lawmakers forced the government to hit the pause button on the latest BREXIT deal
European shares are expected to fall, with pan-European Euro Stoxx 50 futures STXEc1 trading down 0.72%, German DAX futures FDXc1 losing 0.79% and FTSE futures FFIc1 off 0.23%.
S&P500 mini futures ESc1 dropped 0.2% while Japan’s Nikkei .N225 was up 0.1% after falling as much as 0.4%.
MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares sans Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS fell 0.6%. Tuesday on Wall Street, the S&P 500 .SPX lost 0.36%.
Taiwan’s TSMC (2330.TW) fell 0.9% while SKorea’s SK Hynix (000660.KS) shed 1.6% and Japan’s Tokyo Electron (8035.T) slumped 4.3%.
Tuesday, the UK parliament voted in favor of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s BREXIT plan, but then rejected his timetable to fast-track legislation to take Britain out of the EU. That effectively meant Britain would not be able to finalise its exit by his 31 October deadline.
Commodities and Currency Pairs (quotes)
Now you can go to Market Data on the right side of our home page for quotes on the world’s financial markets, commodities and currencies.
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Gold 1 OZ (XAU=X) Price Target $2500 - May 26, 2020
- salesforce.com, Inc. (NYSE:CRM) Earnings Preview: Heffx Optimistic - May 26, 2020
- Dow Jones Industrial Average (.DJI) Outlook - May 26, 2020