Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Removing VPN Apps In China
- Tim Cook has responded to criticisms that Apple is quietly removing apps from the App Store for the Chinese government.
- Apps that enable virtual private networks (VPNs) have been disappeared from the App Store in China amid a crackdown from Beijing.
- Apple has been on the end of sustained criticism over the removals, which critics argue reduce the freedom of users. VPNs are required to access many websites from inside China, and serve as a way of getting around the country’s infamous Great Firewall.
- The hype is mounting for Apple’s next iPhone.
- The tech behemoth reported strong quarterly results on Tuesday, beating Wall Street expectations, thanks to solid iPhone, iPad and Mac computer sales. Apple’s stock jumped 6% on Wednesday, helping the Dow hit 22,000 for the first time ever.
- “With the June quarter out of the way, we believe investors will quickly turn their focus to the iPhone 8 this fall,” wrote Drexel Hamilton analyst Ben White in a note to clients.
- Apple’s new iPhone is set to be released in conjunction with its tenth anniversary and expectations are high. While Apple is notoriously secretive and hasn’t yet shared what the new iPhone will look like, let alone be called, speculation has swirled about major design and functionality updates, like perhaps a curved screen or wireless charging.
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. The Company’s products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a variety of accessory, service and support offerings. The Company also delivers digital content and applications through the iTunes Store, App StoreSM, iBookstoreSM, and Mac App Store. The Company distributes its products worldwide through its retail stores, online stores, and direct sales force, as well as through third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and value-added resellers. In February 2012, the Company acquired app-search engine Chomp.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 162.90.
The projected lower bound is: 151.51.
The projected closing price is: 157.20.
APPLE INC closed up 7.090 at 157.140. Volume was 166% above average (trending) and Bollinger Bands were 26% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
159.280 159.750 156.160 157.140 69,936,800
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 151.49 148.93 133.74
Volatility: 31 24 21
Volume: 27,446,574 26,727,492 28,108,582
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
APPLE INC gapped up today (bullish) on heavy volume. Possibility of a Breakaway Gap which usually signifies the beginning of a major market move. Four types of price gaps exist – Common, Breakaway, Runaway, and Exhaustion. Gaps acts as support/resistance.
APPLE INC is currently 17.5% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AAPL.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AAPL.O and have had this outlook for the last 12 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 54.2779. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 68.83. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 53 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 271.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 0 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019