Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 8 To Be The Largest
- The iPhone 8 display will be the largest smartphone display Apple has ever made, larger even than the 5.5-inch display in the iPhone 7 Plus. Despite this it will be physically closer to the smaller model, that’s quite some achievement. It also suggests that if Apple were to release an edge-to-edge iPhone Plus model in future that display could be close to 7-inches!
- There is one extra positive knock-on effect from Troughton-Smith’s discovery as well: it shows the existing leaks about the iPhone 8 appear to be spot on. Specifically this not only verifies the design exclusive I delivered last month, but also suggests we should pay close attention to the huge 25 feature leak that followed equally seriously.
- A Chinese law firm has filed a complaint against Apple Inc on behalf of 28 local developers alleging the firm breached antitrust regulations.
- The complaint, lodged by Beijing-based Dare & Sure Law Firm, accuses Apple (AAPL, -3.61%) of charging excessive fees and removing apps from its local store without proper explanation, Lin Wei, an attorney at the firm told Reuters on Thursday.
- “During its localization process Apple has run into several antitrust issues … after an initial investigation we consulted a number of enterprises and got a very strong response,” said Lin.
- The law firm invited developers to join the complaint in April and on Tuesday filed it to China’s State Administration for Industry and Commerce and the National Development and Reform Commission, which oversees antitrust matters in the country.
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. The Company’s products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a variety of accessory, service and support offerings. The Company also delivers digital content and applications through the iTunes Store, App StoreSM, iBookstoreSM, and Mac App Store. The Company distributes its products worldwide through its retail stores, online stores, and direct sales force, as well as through third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and value-added resellers. In February 2012, the Company acquired app-search engine Chomp.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 150.06.
The projected upper bound is: 161.71.
The projected lower bound is: 149.03.
The projected closing price is: 155.37.
APPLE INC closed down -5.740 at 155.320. Volume was 100% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 37% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
159.900 160.000 154.630 155.320 34,611
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 155.26 149.45 134.96
Volatility: 38 27 21
Volume: 27,426,450 26,867,896 28,072,728
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
APPLE INC is currently 15.1% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AAPL.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AAPL.O and have had this outlook for the last 18 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 56.6282. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 55.89. This is not a topping or bottoming area. However, the RSI just crossed below 70 from a topping formation. This is a bearish sign. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 42. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 6 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International Weekly HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Comfortdelgro Corporation Weekly HEFFX Highlights: $2.6 target - May 9, 2019