Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) HEFFX Highlights
- “It is our belief at this time that fingerprint sensing will NOT be included at launch”, states BlueFin. Though it concedes “We are still grappling with the touch ID/fingerprint sensing situation as we continue to uncover mixed messaging.”
- BlueFin even goes so far as to theorise that Touch ID could be included but disabled at launch and unlocked by a software update in future. Apple has precedent for this with the late arrival of Portrait Mode on the iPhone 7 Plus via an iOS upgrade, but that is not on remotely the same scale as Touch ID.
- Interestingly the whole Touch ID dilemma is also thought to be at the heart of significant iPhone 8 production delays which will see only a few million units available in its first month on sale. Touch ID was meant to be integrated under the new OLED display, but Apple hasn’t managed this (just like Samsung failed with both the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8) and further OLED yield issues have killed initial supply.
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. The Company’s products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a variety of accessory, service and support offerings. The Company also delivers digital content and applications through the iTunes Store, App StoreSM, iBookstoreSM, and Mac App Store. The Company distributes its products worldwide through its retail stores, online stores, and direct sales force, as well as through third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and value-added resellers. In February 2012, the Company acquired app-search engine Chomp.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 150.77.
The projected upper bound is: 168.16.
The projected lower bound is: 155.35.
The projected closing price is: 161.75.
APPLE INC closed up 1.750 at 161.600. Volume was 10% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 45% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
160.660 162.195 160.140 161.600 29,465,488
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 158.33 149.78 135.62
Volatility: 38 27 21
Volume: 32,045,126 27,850,068 27,921,676
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
APPLE INC is currently 19.2% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AAPL.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AAPL.O and have had this outlook for the last 21 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 68.4725. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.72. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 102.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 9 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019