Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) HEFFX Highlights
- Apple’s business has been producing record-setting revenues and profits for years now. But in the second quarter of last year its blistering period of growth came to an end. Today the company posted its third quarter earnings, and it’s clear Apple has found a way to restore some of the lost momentum.
- Revenue grew about 6 percent year over year, and profit was up 12 percent over the same period in 2016.
- Leading the way was Apple’s iPad sales, which were up 15 percent from last year. Revenue rose just 2 percent, suggesting sales of cheaper $329 iPads were a bigger driver of the jump in sales than the new models of the iPad Pro.
- We posted a positive review of the cheaper iPad in April of this year, highlighting the low price as the best feature. Prior to this earnings report, Apple had gone years without an annual increase in the number of iPads sold.
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. The Company’s products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a variety of accessory, service and support offerings. The Company also delivers digital content and applications through the iTunes Store, App StoreSM, iBookstoreSM, and Mac App Store. The Company distributes its products worldwide through its retail stores, online stores, and direct sales force, as well as through third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and value-added resellers. In February 2012, the Company acquired app-search engine Chomp.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 154.84.
The projected lower bound is: 145.14.
The projected closing price is: 149.99.
APPLE INC closed up 1.320 at 150.050. Volume was 99% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 14% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
149.100 150.220 148.410 150.050 242,331
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 150.88 148.87 133.55
Volatility: 17 21 20
Volume: 19,032,560 25,085,558 27,761,526
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
APPLE INC is currently 12.4% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of AAPL.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AAPL.O and have had this outlook for the last 11 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 31.7887. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 53.79. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 52 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -36. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International Weekly HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Comfortdelgro Corporation Weekly HEFFX Highlights: $2.6 target - May 9, 2019