FLASH: The public’s view of Ms. Ocasio-Cortez continues to grow more negative by the day
Despite the perceived rising stock of freshman Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 29 anni, (D-NY), a new poll found that the majority of likely voters in her district do not hold a favorable view of her.
The results of the poll conducted for the Stop the AOC PAC are as follows:
- 43.4% have a favorable view of Ocasio-Cortez.
- 28.9% have an unfavorable view of her, with 20.5% saying they don’t know enough about her to have an opinion either way.
- A total of 92.8% of those polled said they recognized Ms. Ocasio-Cortez’s name.
- 61.7%, including 50.1% of Ms. Ocasio-Cortez supporters, said New York City would have been better off with Amazon’s (NASDAQ:AMZN) planned office complex in Queens. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez led a charge that ultimately led to Amazon pulling out of the deal.
“While AOC is busy preaching her loopy brand of green-socialism, the people in her district have deep-seated concerns about her,” AOC PAC general counsel said. “Her ‘success’ in quashing the Amazon deal cost tens of thousands of jobs, many her own constituents could have used, and scuttled a major economic shot in the arm to her district.
“AOC put her self-serving radical, socialist agenda ahead of the people who voted for her. The data is clear: AOC can be beat, and our sustained efforts are going to do just that.”
A recent Gallup Poll, meanwhile, found that the public’s view of Ocasio-Cortez continues to grow more negative.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - November 21, 2019
- Gold Price Outlook: Gold Set Up for a Holiday Rally - November 21, 2019
- Men Maintaining Muscle Mass in Middle-age May Lower Risk of Heart Disease - November 21, 2019