Another The Washington Post Story Cast as Anti-Trump “Fake News”
President Trump’s National Security Adviser General HR McMaster Monday evening said The Washington Post report claiming our President revealed highly classified information to 2 top Russian officials last week is “False.”
General McMaster gave a brief statement to reporters outside the White House shortly after 7:00p EDT, saying, “There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is False.”
President Trump and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov “reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation,” McMaster, who was present at the meeting, said. “At no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed.”
“Their on-the-record accounts should outweigh those of anonymous sources,” he said, referencing the Post report that did not name its sources.
“I was in the room. It didn’t happen,” General McMaster said before turning to walk back into the White House, ignoring “Shouted” questions from the press.
The Fake WP story cited current and former US officials who said President Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamist terrorist group. The information on intelligence-gathering is considered so sensitive it is not even shared with most of America’s closest allies and is held close to the vest within the US government itself, the Post quoted unknown US officials.
According to WP, Thomas P. Bossert, Assistant to the President for homeland security and counterterrorism, quickly called the CIA and NSA directors, since those agencies are most closely involved with the partner. An employee of Mr. Bossert then called for that part of the meeting’s transcript to be taken out of internal memos and for the full transcript to be limited to a small number of people in order to prevent leaks according to the fake news report.
The official readout of the meeting did not mention a terrorist threat.
The information dealt with a specific plot and how the United States was planning to deal with it, which withheld information on the city involved.
Laura Ingraham said on TV earlier that her sources said that the WP did not speak with the 3 US Key players in the room: General McMaster, Secretary Tillerson and Mr. Powell before running the inflammatory story.
Secretary of State Tillerson released this statement: “During President Trump’s meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations.”
And Mr. Powell said, “This story is False. The President only discussed the common threats that both countries faced.”
The left-wing press and media are running wild in despair about losing the Presidential election, and it begs the question, what does the WP’s owner, Jeff Bezos (NASDAQ:AMZN) have to gain by this ongoing fraud?
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - January 24, 2020
- 2020: Energy Drinks, the Health Problems from the Beverages that Promise a Buzz - January 24, 2020
- 2020: Ferrari’ (NYSE:RACE) Portofino, an Everyday Supercar - January 24, 2020