Another Group Winner for Holy Roman Emperor
Holy Roman Classic hope wins German G2
Well Timed (3f Holy Roman Emperor-Wells Present, by Cadeaux Genereux) looks one of the leading contenders for the G1 Preis der Diana following her victory in Hoppegarten on Sunday.
Stall Ullman’s progressive home-bred Holy Roman Emperor won the G2 Diana Trial comfortably.
Ridden by Filip Menelik, Well Timed accelerated around 300 metres from home and ran on well to win by a length and a quarter.
The winner has shown rapid improvement all year, winning a Dusseldorf maiden in April and a Listed event at the same track the following month before Sunday’s G2 success.
Holy Roman Emperor was a Champion 2yo in France, winner of the G1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere in record time as well as the G1 Phoenix Stakes & G2 Railway Stakes.
He is Timeform’s highest rated 2yo ever by Danehill.
Out of a Secretariat mare, like Storm Cat, A.P. Indy, Gone West etc.
Yearlings in 2017 sold for €245,000, €180,000, €140,000 etc.
Top performers include Romanised (Irish 2,000 Guineas-Gr.1), Homecoming Queen (1,000 Guineas-Gr.1), Morandi (Criterium de Saint-Cloud-Gr.1), Designs On Rome (Hong Kong Classic Cup-Gr.1, Hong Kong Gold Cup-Gr.1 (x2)), Beauty Only (The Hong Kong Classic Mile-Gr.1, Chairman’s Trophy-Gr.2 (x2), Jockey Club Mile-Gr.2), Rich Tapestry (Santa Anita Sprint Championship-Gr.1, Al Shindagha Sprint-Gr.3), Sheidel (Oakleight Plate-Gr.1, Sensis Stakes-Gr.3, Cape Grim Beef Stakes-Gr.3), Mongolian Khan (NZ Derby-Gr.1, Australian Derby-Gr.1, Caulfield Cup-Gr.1), Banimpire (5 Group wins inc. Ribblesdale S.-Gr.2), Mango Diva (Kilboy Estate S.-Gr.2), Rich Legacy (May Hill S.-Gr.2), Parvaneh (Badener Stutenpreis-Gr.2), Well Timed (Diana-Trial-Gr.2) Maureen (Princess Margaret S.-Gr.3), Ishvana (Jersey S.-Gr.3), Sandslash (Premio Carlo Chiesa-Gr.3), Leitir Mor (Round Tower S.-Gr.3), Gender Agenda (Robert J. Frankel S.-Gr.3), Emperor Max (Singapore’s Kranji Sprint-Gr.3, Saas Fee Stakes-Gr.3), Rock My Love (Preis der Winterkonigin-Gr.3), Navaro Girl (Baden-Wurttemberg-Trophy-Gr.3) etc.
His Group winning son is now at stud at Larneuk in Victoria
Like his sire, Honorius was a dual winning 2 year old. Later in his 2 year old season, he demolished his rivals by almost 3 lengths when taking out the Listed Juvenile Stayers Stakes at Rosehill over 1800m.
A versatile and genuine racehorse winning from 1400m – 2000m, Honorius proved himself to be a sound and durable racehorse, racing successfully from the age of two through to seven years. His achievements include:
• Winning the Group 3 Craven Plate at Randwick over 2000m
• 2nd in the Gr.3 Gloaming Stakes to IT’S A DUNDEEL (DUNDEEL) over 1800m
• 2nd in the Gr.3 Norman Robinson to HVASSTAN over 2000m.
• 2nd in the Gr.3 Frank Packer Plate over 2000m.
• 2nd in the Gr.3 Kingston Town over 2000m.
• 3rd in the Gr.1 Spring Champion Stakes to IT’S A DUNDEEL (DUNDEEL) over 2000m.
• 3rd in the Gr.1 Queensland Derby over 2400m to HAWKESPUR.
• 3rd in the Gr.3 Grand Prix to HAWKESPUR over 2200m.
• 3rd in the Listed MING DYNASTY over 1400m.
• 5th in the Gr.1 Epsom to HE’S YOUR MAN and ROYAL DESCENT over 1600m by only 1.8 lengths.
— Knightsbridge (@KBloodstock) June 12, 2018
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Red Element Headlines Bloodstock Auction Sale in Australia - April 28, 2019
- Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris at ParisLongchamp - April 22, 2019
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019