President Trump’s approval rating is at just under 50% in the past few weeks before the 2020 election year starts, a new Hill-HarrisX poll released Monday revals.
According to the poll, 49% of Americans say they approve of President Trump’s job performance, up 3 percentage points from the 8-9 December poll, when his numbers were at 46%.
In addition, 51% of the 1,000 voters polled between nationwide from 13-14 December said they disapprove of his job performance, down from 54% in the earlier poll.
The poll was sharply divided along party lines:
- 87% of Republicans support President Trump.
- 22% of Democrats support him.
- 42% of independents approve of him.
When broken down by race or ethnicity, his numbers were highest among White voters:
- 59% of White voters said they approve of his job performance.
- 17% of Black voters approve of him.
- 29% Hispanic or Latino approve of him.
- 49% Asian approve of him.
- 33% other approve of him.
The survey was held before the House’s vote last week to charge President Trump with articles of impeachment for charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
The poll carried a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points and was released while House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, (D-CA), continues to delay sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, where a trial is expected to start in January.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Have a Happy Holiday Week