President Trump, “I Am Bringing Out Military for This National Emergency at Border”
- A caravan of Central American migrants moving toward the US southern border
- President Trump Tweeted Wednesday that the US “will never accept people coming into our Country illegally!”
Thursday, President Donald Trump said he is “bringing out the military” to protect the United States from the “national emergency” being posed by a caravan of migrants heading through Mexico
“Brandon Judd of the National Border Patrol Council is right when he said Thursday morning on TV that the Democrat inspired laws make it tough for us to stop people at the Border,” President Trump Tweeted after Mr. Judd’s interview.
“MUST BE CHANGED, but I am bringing out the military for this National Emergency. They will be stopped!
Mr. Judd said Thursday that under current federal guidelines, the Flores settlement, children must be released within 20 days of their detainment unless they are sent to state facilities.
“There is nothing in the agreement that says we cannot send parents to state licensed facilities as well,” he said. “That’s what the agency should have been working on all the way back in 2017.”
Mr. Judd also commented that the Border Patrol’s leadership is divided on its support of President Trump and efforts to secure the border, accusing US Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin K. McAleenan of not being “on the same page as the President right now and has the most powerful position there is.”
The trend with people who travel to the US as part of caravans is to not apply for asylum, Mr. Judd added.
“If you look back in April of this year, the 1st caravan that was organized, they came and they played a high stakes game of poker with the United States government,” he said. “They came across the border illegally and we did in fact release them. That has spurred a new caravan, but this caravan is much larger.”
President Trump has targeted the caravan to highlight his hard-line immigration policies before the midterms, it is a very serious issue.
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021