Research has proven that interacting with animals helps reduce stress. As oxytocin levels are increased and cortisol production decreased just by petting an animal.
Taking your pet dog for a walk can also help you to move your thoughts from a stressful situation to calming nature.
Other ways pets helps us include, the following:
- Helps the brain to release the feel good hormones that make us less anxious and depressed.
- It makes us exercise more as dogs need to be walked.
- Brings in some responsibility and purpose as you have to take care a pet and meet its needs.
- Helps 1 to interact socially with others as you walk it and maybe talk about your pets or other mood lifting conversation
- A pet’s love is unconditional and you do not have to worry about whether you have said something wrong to it.
- It will it give you advice that you do not need. Train it, and your pet is just there to obey you.
Choose a pet that suits your circumstances. I have a friend who has a pet frog. Consider the residential and city laws about keeping pets. You do not want added stress from the authorities due to keeping a pet that is against the law, like a lion or alligator.
Have a healthy day, Keep the Faith!