Jaguar Health News
Jaguar Health is a California-based biopharmaceutical company that specializes in treating gastrointestinal conditions. It focuses on both humans and animals, although its treatments for two-legged patients are farther along in the pipeline. In fact, news that it was hoping to expand the use of its drug Mytesi is what sent JAGX stock soaring in December.
With that in mind, here are a few things to know about Jaguar Health:
- Jaguar Health says it focuses on developing sustainably derived gastrointestinal products. Specifically, it looks to develop plant-based prescription medicines.
- The company also has a wholly owned subsidiary, Napo Pharmaceuticals.
- Napo specifically works to develop and commercialize treatments based on rainforest-area plants.
- Investors should note that the main Jaguar product is Mytesi, which has U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval.
- Right now, Mytesi is used as an antidiarrheal in adult patients with HIV/AIDS who are on antiretroviral therapies.
- Earlier in December, Jaguar Health announced a new financing deal to help fund a few regulatory actions.
- Importantly, Jaguar Health thinks Mytesi works as an antidiarrheal for other conditions.
- Specifically, it is hoping to receive regulatory approval to market Mytesi as an antidiarrheal for cancer therapy-induced diarrhea.
- Napo Pharmaceuticals is also making big moves.
- Specifically, the company is working to expand into Europe as Napo EU.
- There, Napo Pharmaceuticals is also discussing a SPAC merger to take its new Napo EU public.
- Additionally, Napo Pharmaceuticals believes Mytesi could potentially work as an antidiarrheal for patients with long-term Covid-19 symptoms.
Jaguar Health, Inc. is a natural-products pharmaceuticals company.
The Company is focused on developing and commercializing novel, sustainably derived gastrointestinal products for both human prescription use and animals on a global basis.
The Company, through its subsidiary Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is focused on developing and commercializing human gastrointestinal pharmaceuticals for the global marketplace from plants used traditionally in rainforest areas.
Its Mytesi is an antidiarrheal indicated for the symptomatic relief of noninfectious diarrhea in adult patients with human immunodeficiency virus HIV/ acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) on antiretroviral therapy. Its other products include Canalevia, Equilevia, Neonorm Calf and Neonorm Foal.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 0.55.
The projected upper bound is: 2.51.
The projected lower bound is: 1.45.
The projected closing price is: 1.98.
A black body occurred (because prices closed lower than they opened).
During the past 10 bars, there have been 5 white candles and 5 black candles. During the past 50 bars, there have been 17 white candles and 33 black candles for a net of 16 black candles.
A long upper shadow occurred. This is typically a bearish signal (particularly when it occurs near a high price level, at resistance level, or when the security is overbought).
A rising window occurred (where the top of the previous shadow is below the bottom of the current shadow). This usually implies a continuation of a bullish trend. There have been 3 rising windows in the last 50 candles–this makes the current rising window even more bullish.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 66.5375. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 13 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 82.39. This is where it usually tops. The RSI usually forms tops and bottoms before the underlying security. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
Rex Takasugi – TD Profile
JAGUAR HELTH ORD closed up 0.170 at 1.950. Volume was 897% above average (trending) and Bollinger Bands were 564% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume 2.210 2.990 1.890 1.950 334,251,584
Technical Outlook Short Term: Neutral Intermediate Term: Bullish Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period Close: 0.92 0.40 0.46 Volatility: 745 409 234 Volume: 182,419,424 55,348,944 17,208,800
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
JAGUAR HELTH ORD gapped up today (bullish) on heavy volume. Possibility of a Breakaway Gap which usually signifies the beginning of a major market move. Four types of price gaps exist – Common, Breakaway, Runaway, and Exhaustion. Gaps acts as support/resistance.
JAGUAR HELTH ORD is currently 319.6% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect very strong flows of volume into JAGX.O (bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on JAGX.O and have had this outlook for the last 24 periods. Our momentum oscillator is currently indicating that JAGX.O is currently in an overbought condition. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.