Most Americans say President Trump should not be removed from office through impeachment, according to a new Gallup Poll.
In the poll, which was released on Monday, 51% of the respondents said they want senators to vote against convicting President Trump so he will remain in office, and 46% say they want their Senators to vote to convict the President. The poll is based on telephone interviews conducted 2-15 January with a random sample of 1,014 adults in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and carried a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.
The impeachment results were sharply divided along partisan lines:
- 93% of Republicans oppose convicting President Trump.
- 84% of Democrats favor conviction.
- Independents are almost evenly divided, with 49% favoring conviction and 46% opposing it.
Gallup also revealed that President Trump’s job approval rating remains steady at 44%, after hovering between 43% and 45% in the past 3 polls.
When the House’s impeachment inquiry started in the Fall, President Trump’s approval rating was at 39% to 41%.
President Trump’s job approval is deeply divided along party lines:
- 88% of Republicans approve.
- 37% of independents approve.
- 10% of Democrats approve.
Meanwhile, more people wanted to see President Trump removed than wanted former President Bill Clinton ousted in Y 1999 when 33% favored the Senate convicting him and 63% opposed it.
In addition, opposition party and political independents are more aligned against President Trump than they were against Mr. Clinton, the poll showed: 7% of Republicans today, Vs 8% of Democrats in 1999, wanted the Senate to remove a president of their own party. 65% of Republicans wanted Mr. Clinton removed, but 84% of Democrats want to see President Trump ousted today. 32% of independents wanted Mr. Clinton removed from office, compared with 49% wanting the same for President Trump.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021