Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) HEFFX Highlights
- Facebook updated its camera application on Tuesday with fun new features, including the ability to create GIFs and add filters to live broadcasts.
- They’re silly, but your kids might get a kick out of them.
- Unlike many of Facebook’s recent updates, this isn’t an obvious copy of any specific Snapchat feature. Instead, it’s a set of small and compelling features for the Facebook Camera, which launched in March.
- As it consistently pushes video content on its platform, Facebook recently launched a new subsection on its website for viewing video shows called “Watch”. This section will be rolled out on a pilot basis to select users in the U.S., and Facebook is looking to make it a go-to place for viewers to watch videos.
- While its platform already has a Video tab, Facebook is now looking to structure video content in the form of “shows,” or videos that follow certain themes or storylines. Further, the company will personalize watch lists for each user based on their likes and what their communities and/or friends are watching.
- Viewers will also be able to see comments, connect with friends and other viewers and become part of Facebook groups dedicated to a particular show. Facebook is looking to create a social experience around watching videos to engage its users better.
- “Watch” is also a platform for publishers to find an audience and build an engaged user base for their shows. While this new platform appears to be fairly similar to YouTube, which has its own strong user base of 1.3 billion, Facebook’s approach to attract users is a bit different from that of YouTube.
- Facebook is targeting users with personalized recommendations based on their network’s viewing history, an approach which could help the company convert its existing users into a strong video audience
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 160.52.
The projected upper bound is: 177.17.
The projected lower bound is: 165.52.
The projected closing price is: 171.35.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.250 at 171.000. Volume was 51% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 11% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
171.490 171.500 170.010 171.000 8,729,172
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 169.91 159.33 140.04
Volatility: 19 23 22
Volume: 13,330,898 18,769,064 19,354,794
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 22.1% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 25 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 54.4281. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 13 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 63.62. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 5 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 50. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 10 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.