Here is how the rest of the poll breaks down:
- 71% say illegal immigration is either very serious or somewhat serious, compared to 28% who say it is not too serious or not at all serious.
- 42% favor building a Wall along the southern border, while 56% oppose it.
- 24% say illegal immigrants take jobs away from Americans, compared to 60% who say they take jobs Americans do not want.
- 41% say immigrants seeking political asylum should be allowed into the US while they wait for their claims to be processed, while 51% say they should be made to stay in Mexico.
- 37% say immigrants who come to the border seeking political asylum are really fleeing violence, while 46% say the immigrants are trying to get around the normal process of apply for entry to the US.
The poll, conducted 11-15 April, surveyed 801 people. The margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.
Making and Keeping America Great!
The following two tabs change content below.
Paul A. Ebeling, polymath, excels in diverse fields of knowledge. Pattern Recognition Analyst in Equities, Commodities and Foreign Exchange and author of “The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report” on the US Major Market Indices™, a highly regarded, weekly financial market letter, he is also a philosopher, issuing insights on a wide range of subjects to a following of over 250,000 cohorts. An international audience of opinion makers, business leaders, and global organizations recognizes Ebeling as an expert.