Here is how the rest of the poll breaks down:
- 71% say illegal immigration is either very serious or somewhat serious, compared to 28% who say it is not too serious or not at all serious.
- 42% favor building a Wall along the southern border, while 56% oppose it.
- 24% say illegal immigrants take jobs away from Americans, compared to 60% who say they take jobs Americans do not want.
- 41% say immigrants seeking political asylum should be allowed into the US while they wait for their claims to be processed, while 51% say they should be made to stay in Mexico.
- 37% say immigrants who come to the border seeking political asylum are really fleeing violence, while 46% say the immigrants are trying to get around the normal process of apply for entry to the US.
The poll, conducted 11-15 April, surveyed 801 people. The margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: The Current Pirelli Tire Process is “wrong” for Ferrari - August 24, 2019
- Donald Trump has Reshaped The GOP, Democrats Fear His Reelection - August 24, 2019
- Places Where Summer Never Ends - August 24, 2019