Americans Believe President Trump is Keeping His Campaign Promises
Fifty-six percent of voters believe US President Donald Trump is delivering on his campaign promises, while 27% disagree, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll revealed Tuesday.
Here are the rest of the highlights of the poll, as follows:
- 50% of voters approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as President, while 45%disapprove.
- 69 percent say President Trump has accomplished at least what they expected or more, compared to 20% who say he has accomplished less.
The poll confirms what is expected to be President Trump’s focus in his speech Tuesday night to a joint session of Congress.
The Trump Administration believes it has begun to secure the nation’s borders, bring jobs back to the US and has started the process of repealing and replacing Barack Obamacare.
“While Americans are divided on President Trump’s policy agenda, most say he is making headway on it,” said Morning Consult’s co-founder and chief research officer.
“An overwhelming majority of President Trump’s supporters, and even many of his critics, see a President who is delivering on his promises.”
Here is how the rest of the poll breaks down, as follows:
- 65% agree or somewhat agree the US should allow more highly skilled immigrants to come and live here, while 25% disagree.
- 40% agree or somewhat agree the US should allow low-skilled immigrants to come and live here, while 47% disagree.
- 43% believe the nation is headed in the right direction, while 57% believe it is on the wrong track.
- 47% trust Republicans in Congress to handle the economy, while 34% have faith in the Democrats to handle the issue.
- 42% trust Democrats in Congress to handle healthcare, compared to 40% who have faith in Republicans to handle the issue.
The poll of 2,000 registered voters was conducted 24-26 February. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2%.
Trumpeting for Trump
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ed Ruscha’s ‘Radio’ Hammers for Record $52.5-M at Christie’s - November 22, 2019
- Gold is More Than a Safe Haven Asset - November 22, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - November 22, 2019