ALROSA Unearths a Rare Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond
- This year for Alrosa has already hit the record in the number of large fancy-colored stones
- The intense yellow color is nearly transparent with a “small inclusion in the intermediate zone
- Last month it discovered a 27.85-carat rough pink diamond, the largest pink diamond ever mined in Alrosa’s history.
Last week Alrosa (ME:ALRS) announced the recovery of another large, fancy-colored diamond, this one the largest it has dug up this year.
The 34.17-carat rough yellow diamond was discovered by Alrosa affiliate Almazy Anabara, known for its high quantity of fancy colored finds.
“The company’s specialists are still to study the stone more in detail, but we can say in advance that it is fancy vivid yellow, which is very rare and highly valued,” said Evgeny Agureev, Director of the United Selling Organization Alrosa.
“The stone will become a worthy addition to our collection of large rare colored diamonds that we are forming and will bring to the market.”
Alrosa said further assessment of the stone would take place in Moscow before the end of the month.
The yellow rough measures 20.17 mm х 19.65 mm х 15.1 mm. The intense yellow color is nearly transparent with a “small inclusion in the intermediate zone,” Alrosa said.
It was recovered from Ebelyakh alluvial deposit.
Last month, it was reported that Almazy Anabara had discovered a 27.85-carat rough pink diamond, the largest pink diamond ever mined in Alrosa’s history.
“This year for Alrosa has already hit the record in the number of large fancy-colored stones,” Agureev said.
“We used to extract fancy colored rough diamonds over 10 carats once a year on the average. This year, we have already recovered several large fancy colored diamonds, and this 34.17-carat yellow stone is the largest one so far.”
Have a terrific week.
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Cuts Prices Again - May 27, 2020
- Resorts in Asia Heighten the Hygiene - May 27, 2020
- Dow Jones Industrial Average (.DJI) Traders Return to Wall Street - May 27, 2020