Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Pressures Conservative Employees To Stay Quiet
- Given the current political climate in Silicon Valley I think I would prefer to stay in hiding.”
- That’s how one 29-year-old software engineer based in the San Francisco Bay Area feels about talking publicly about his political views in the wake of the firing of James Damore, the Google employee who authored a controversial 10-page manifesto about the company’s “ideological echo chamber”.
- For conservatives like him in Silicon Valley, the reaction to the manifesto has confirmed the very issue the manifesto sought to highlight. As Damore put it: “Google’s left bias has created a politically correct monoculture that maintains its hold by shaming its dissenters.”
- Roger McNamee, a famous early investor in Google and Facebook, says he regrets helping to create today’s internet giants because they are hacking our brains to sell more ads.
- He’s not the only one condemning brain hacking.
- McNamee warns that “there are no watchdogs” and consumers must start organizing now to pressure the internet giants to knock it off.
Alphabet Inc. is a holding company. The Company’s businesses include Google Inc. (Google) and its Internet products, such as Access, Calico, CapitalG, GV, Nest, Verily, Waymo and X. The Company’s segments include Google and Other Bets. The Google segment includes its Internet products, such as Search, Ads, Commerce, Maps, YouTube, Google Cloud, Android, Chrome and Google Play, as well as its hardware initiatives. The Google segment is engaged in advertising, sales of digital content, applications and cloud offerings, and sales of hardware products. The Other Bets segment is engaged in the sales of Internet and television services through Google Fiber, sales of Nest products and services, and licensing and research and development (R&D) services through Verily. It offers Google Assistant, which allows users to type or talk with Google; Google Maps, which helps users navigate to a store, and Google Photos, which helps users store and organize all of their photos.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 976.10.
The projected lower bound is: 910.32.
The projected closing price is: 943.21.
ALPHABET INC A closed down -1.560 at 944.190. Volume was 15% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 6% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
944.290 952.490 942.480 944.190 1,505,064
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 949.19 966.73 875.33
Volatility: 13 22 20
Volume: 1,874,790 1,958,913 1,778,560
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ALPHABET INC A is currently 7.9% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is low as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of GOOGL.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on GOOGL.O and have had this outlook for the last 3 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 54.0536. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 41.94. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 41 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -57. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019