AGL Energy Ltd (ASX:AGL) HEFFX Highlights
- AGL Energy Limited (ASX:AGL) has a Price to Book ratio of 2.024725. This ratio is calculated by dividing the current share price by the book value per share. Investors may use Price to Book to display how the market portrays the value of a stock.
- Checking in on some other ratios, the company has a Price to Cash Flow ratio of 16.382242, and a current Price to Earnings ratio of 44.715464. The P/E ratio is one of the most common ratios used for figuring out whether a company is overvalued or undervalued.
- AGL Energy has delayed its decision on the location of its proposed LNG import terminal that potentially would ease the east coast gas squeeze.
- AGL announced plans to build, own and operate a $300 million LNG import facility in either New South Wales, Victoria or South Australia late last year.
- However, according to the Australian, AGL is now taking the next few months to decide on the location of the facility.
- “Before a site is selected, our investigations will include discussions with local communities about their questions and concerns, including managing risks from transporting hazardous materials, safety, security and environmental protection,” said an AGL spokesperson.
AGL Energy Limited is engaged in buying and selling of gas and electricity and related products and services; construction and/or operation of power generation and energy processing infrastructure; operation of natural gas storage facilities; extraction, production and sale of natural gas, and sale of distributed generation technologies, including solar, digital meters, storage and other business and residential energy services. Its segments include energy markets, which sells electricity, natural gas, and energy related products and services to consumer market, business and wholesale customers; group operations, which is a diverse power generation portfolio spread across thermal and renewable generation, including hydro, wind and solar; new energy, which includes new energy services, distributed energy services, as well as digital meter installation and data provider business, and investments, which include equity accounted investments in various energy related business.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the downside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 25.67.
The projected upper bound is: 25.74.
The projected lower bound is: 23.68.
The projected closing price is: 24.71.
AGL ENERGY FPO closed down -0.310 at 24.760. Volume was 50% below average (consolidating)(neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 1% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
25.180 25.190 24.760 24.760 1,179,978
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 25.15 26.17 23.47
Volatility: 24 25 25
Volume: 1,734,733 2,335,995 2,144,058
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
AGL ENERGY FPO is currently 5.5% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of AGL.AX at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on AGL.AX and have had this outlook for the last 41 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period low while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bullish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 47.8070. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 4 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 37.69. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 60 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -72. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.