Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) NVIDA Recommends AMD Ryzen
- AMD will consider “selectively” licensing its intellectual property, “we’re really trying to look for those areas that can grow our market share,” Su said. “It’s about how do we sell more products, or how do we have our IP in markets where we’re not currently selling products. We’re not looking at enabling a competitor to compete against our products.”
- AMD competes head-to-head with Intel selling processor chip sets with integrated graphics for PCs. So that wouldn’t qualify as a market where AMD isn’t currently selling its products.
- Nvidia have just launched the new UK base specs for their next generation of GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs and they’re no longer just giving their seal of gaming approval to Intel CPUs, they’ve got AMD’s Ryzen chips in mind too.
- Nvidia are essentially now recommending AMD Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 processors alongside their Intel Core i5 or Core i7 rivals for their gaming-focused machines.
- AMD has confirmed that the Radeon RX Vega, a graphics card aimed squarely at gamers, will arrive in July, following the release of its flagship Frontier Edition.
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the downside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 11.94.
The projected upper bound is: 12.81.
The projected lower bound is: 9.03.
The projected closing price is: 10.92.
ADV MICRO DEVICE closed up 0.090 at 10.980. Volume was 52% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 16% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
11.010 11.010 10.800 10.980 33,584,260
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 11.31 12.58 10.14
Volatility: 106 99 80
Volume: 77,526,216 67,716,656 56,131,868
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ADV MICRO DEVICE is currently 8.3% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of AMD.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on AMD.O and have had this outlook for the last 19 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 24.5533. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 0 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 43.28. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 11 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -23. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 12 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 8 period(s) ago.