Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) HEFFX Highlights
- Last April, AMD (AMD) acquired the assets and personnel of a small outfit called “Nitero” responsible for making VR wireless technology. The idea here is to ditch the cord that comes out of the back of VR equipment.
- If you have ever used a VR headset, the cord can get in the way by restricting movement in the real world. To understand fully what I am talking about, check out this video of the game “Super Hot.” It gives you an idea of how much movement can go into a VR game and that particular game is a blast to play. Moving on…
- AMD in times past has made a lot of talk about how VR and AR are going to be the next big thing in technology. Currently, AMD provides the shovels to the VR / AR market via its GPUs which power the equipment. Yet, wouldn’t it be nice if AMD took the lead in this sector much like Nvidia (NVDA) has with self-driving cars?
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company. The Company is engaged in offering x86 microprocessors, as standalone devices or as incorporated into an accelerated processing unit (APU), chipsets, discrete graphics processing units (GPUs) and professional graphics, and server and embedded processors and semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products and technology for game consoles. The Company’s segments include the Computing and Graphics segment, and the Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment. The Computing and Graphics segment primarily includes desktop and notebook processors and chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics. The Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment primarily includes server and embedded processors, semi-custom SoC products, development services, technology for game consoles and licensing portions of its intellectual property portfolio.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 13.16.
The projected upper bound is: 15.09.
The projected lower bound is: 13.26.
The projected closing price is: 14.17.
ADV MICRO DEVICE closed down -0.100 at 14.160. Volume was 58% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 2% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
14.240 14.345 14.135 14.160 28,995,568
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 13.78 12.89 12.72
Volatility: 21 45 73
Volume: 41,192,576 52,806,552 68,473,360
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ADV MICRO DEVICE is currently 11.4% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is low as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AMD.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AMD.O and have had this outlook for the last 20 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 79.7945. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.46. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 80 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 101.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 17 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 10 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019