Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) HEFFX Highlights
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. has launched its Embedded Radeon E9170 Series GPU, which promises up to three times the performance per watt as previous generations of GPUs. The new device is the first of its kind to leverage the power of AMD’s Polaris architecture.
- “Developers are continuing to push the boundaries on what’s possible for embedded systems, demanding more performance, more features and more design options, all while significantly reducing power consumption,” said Colin Cureton, AMD director of product management.
- “At the GPU level, it is critical to provide versatile solutions that do not compromise on graphics performance or 4K multi-display capabilities.”
- The new GPU has a wide range of applications, from digital casino games to thin clients to medical displays to retail and digital signage to industrial uses.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company. The Company is engaged in offering x86 microprocessors, as standalone devices or as incorporated into an accelerated processing unit (APU), chipsets, discrete graphics processing units (GPUs) and professional graphics, and server and embedded processors and semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products and technology for game consoles. The Company’s segments include the Computing and Graphics segment, and the Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment. The Computing and Graphics segment primarily includes desktop and notebook processors and chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics. The Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment primarily includes server and embedded processors, semi-custom SoC products, development services, technology for game consoles and licensing portions of its intellectual property portfolio.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 14.14.
The projected lower bound is: 12.28.
The projected closing price is: 13.21.
ADV MICRO DEVICE closed down -0.110 at 13.230. Volume was 61% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 25% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
13.220 13.390 13.180 13.230 28,258,656
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 12.93 12.82 12.63
Volatility: 49 46 74
Volume: 50,711,624 55,210,900 68,557,704
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ADV MICRO DEVICE is currently 4.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AMD.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AMD.O and have had this outlook for the last 13 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 77.2894. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 55.15. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 73 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 46. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 10 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 3 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019