Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) HEFFX Highlights
- AMD’s Ryzen processors show declining prices, while Intel’s corresponding products have not.
- Steam shows AMD suffering from declining market share for their users, from February to the present.
- While disappointing, this is not significant because this was always a difficult market.
- The real fight comes when AMD releases processors with IGPs.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD shares are up another 14.9 percent in 2017 as chip makers have continued to be the stars of Wall Street.
- While AMD rival NVIDIA Corporation NVDA may be dominating the gaming GPU market at the moment, AMD has opportunity to steal meaningful CPU share from Intel Corporation
INTC, Bank of America analyst Vivek Arya wrote on Wednesday.
- With Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD recently releasing its new EPYC server processor chips and market leader Intel Corporation INTC expected to respond with its own product launch within weeks, there is clearly a lot on the line in the semiconductor market at the moment.
- Intel has virtually a monopolistic position in the server processor market at the moment, but Detwiler Fenton says there are early indications that AMD could be a legitimate
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company. The Company is engaged in offering x86 microprocessors, as standalone devices or as incorporated into an accelerated processing unit (APU), chipsets, discrete graphics processing units (GPUs) and professional graphics, and server and embedded processors and semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products and technology for game consoles. The Company’s segments include the Computing and Graphics segment, and the Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment. The Computing and Graphics segment primarily includes desktop and notebook processors and chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics. The Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment primarily includes server and embedded processors, semi-custom SoC products, development services, technology for game consoles and licensing portions of its intellectual property portfolio.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 12.38.
The projected upper bound is: 15.85.
The projected lower bound is: 11.78.
The projected closing price is: 13.81.
ADV MICRO DEVICE closed up 0.450 at 13.810. Volume was 99% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 20% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
13.610 13.880 13.270 13.810 762,398
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 13.13 11.93 10.98
Volatility: 73 107 80
Volume: 73,996,256 85,851,016 63,243,704
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ADV MICRO DEVICE is currently 25.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of AMD.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AMD.O and have had this outlook for the last 23 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 83.4248. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a buy 3 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 60.40. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 10 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 42. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 5 period(s) ago.