Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. Limited (SGX:O39) HEFFX Highlights
- OCBC’s 120,000 small and medium-sized enterprises e-banking customers will soon be able to speak to their Apple iPhone to activate a fund transfer.
- This will be possible with next Monday’s (Oct 9) roll-out of a new feature on its OCBC business mobile banking app that takes advantage of Apple’s Siri virtual assistant.
- They will also be able to speak to their phones that run on Apple’s iOS 11 operating system to make account balance enquiries.
- For starters, fund transfers via Siri can be made only to business associates with an OCBC account. The voice feature will be extended to transfers to other bank accounts at a later date.
- “This launch of voice banking signals the beginning of a new wave of digital services that we will deliver for our business customers,” said Mr Linus Goh, OCBC Bank’s head of global commercial banking.
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (the Bank) is a Singapore-based financial services company. The Bank is engaged in the business of banking, life assurance, general insurance, asset management, investment holding, futures and stockbroking. Its segments are Global Consumer/Private Banking, Global Corporate/Investment Banking, Global Treasury and Markets, Insurance and OCBC Wing Hang. Global Consumer/Private Banking provides products and services to individual customers. Global Corporate/Investment Banking serves institutional customers ranging from large corporates and the public sector to small and medium enterprises. Global Treasury and Markets engages in foreign exchange activities, money market operations, fixed income and derivatives trading, and offers structured treasury products and financial solutions. Insurance provides both life and general insurance products. OCBC Wing Hang offers a range of commercial banking and related financial services.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 10.93.
The projected upper bound is: 11.67.
The projected lower bound is: 11.08.
The projected closing price is: 11.37.
OCBC closed up 0.120 at 11.370. Volume was 1% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 6% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
11.280 11.370 11.210 11.370 4,934,700
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 11.22 11.14 10.24
Volatility: 12 17 16
Volume: 4,773,996 4,833,544 5,257,587
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
OCBC is currently 11.0% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of OCBC.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on OCBC.SI and have had this outlook for the last 9 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 69.7674. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 62.04. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 48 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 153.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 14 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019