China Mobile Ltd. (HKG:0941) Launches Mobile-Payment App, Signs MoU With AppAsia
- A pair of widely used Chinese mobile-payment systems have launched in Vancouver and Toronto, allowing users to pay for purchases using their home currency while potentially avoiding foreign-exchange limits imposed by the Chinese government.
- Toronto-based OTT Financial Inc. is working with Chinese Internet giants Tencent and Alibaba to introduce their mobile-payment infrastructure in Canada. The two apps, WeChat Pay and Alipay, are linked with users’ credit cards and allows them to make payments in renminbi, which is then converted to Canadian dollars before it’s transferred to merchants.
- China is the most important market in the world for mobile games. In April, multiple trends were in play driving the rankings. Tencent continues its market dominance with several titles in the top 10 rankings for iOS downloads and revenue.
- Casual and social casino games remain popular. With PC online games at the heart of Chinese gaming, mobile games that are adapted from popular PC games are seeing major success. Korean and Japanese IP / graphics styles continue to be popular among Chinese mobile gamers.
- AppAsia signs MoU with China Mobile: “The business model between the parties will include but not limited to revenue sharing, one-off purchase or mixed model, subject to China Mobile International and content /internet protocol owner commercial decision by project and region on a case-by-case basis,” it said, adding that on a revenue-sharing model basis, China Mobile would act as content distributor and payment gateway for end-user billing payment and settlement for AppAsia.
China Mobile Limited is an investment holding company principally engaged in telecommunication and related businesses. Its main businesses include Mobile businesses and Wireline Broadband businesses. Mobile businesses include two categories of services. Voice services include local calls, domestic and international long distance calls, roaming services and voice value-added services. Data services include short message services and multimedia message services, wireless data traffic services and application and information services, such as Mobile Music, Mobile Reading and Mobile Video, among others. Wireline Broadband businesses include the provision of wireline broadband and related services. The Company also provides customer services, including phone bill enquiry, among others. The Company mainly operates businesses in Mainland China.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 87.72.
The projected lower bound is: 82.60.
The projected closing price is: 85.16.
CHINA MOBILE closed down -0.300 at 85.200. Volume was 36% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 50% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
85.700 85.700 84.900 85.200 9,535,233
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 86.23 85.50 88.08
Volatility: 14 19 19
Volume: 12,283,456 15,873,381 14,458,829
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
CHINA MOBILE is currently 3.3% below its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into 0941.HK (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on 0941.HK and have had this outlook for the last 11 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 32.4786. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 11 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 46.91. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 46 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -122.This is an oversold reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses above -100. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.