3 Classic Ferraris Top Sales at Scottsdale Auction
Gooding & Company is acclaimed for selling some of the world’s most significant and valuable collector cars.
At the weekend in Scottsdale, Arizona, it continued its tradition as a market leader by realizing $49,215,650 at the company’s 11th annual 2-day Scottsdale Auctions.
President David Gooding and Auctioneer Charlie Ross sold 110 of 129 lots for an 85% sales rate, which resulted in a robust average price of $447,415 per car sold, as 12 cars hammered over the $1-M mark.
A large crowd watched as the highlights of the weekend rolled across the block: the 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Speciale – originally owned by Battista Pininfarina, selling for a world-record price of $8,085,000, the 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial selling for a world-record price of $4,455,000, and the 1931 Bugatti Type 55 Roadster selling for $4,070,000.
The crowd erupted with applause after hearing that the 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS would be returning to the original owner’s family with a final sale price of $2,530,000.
Additional highlights included the striking 2014 Pagani Huayra (sold for $2,090,000), the Iso Grifo A3/L Prototype (sold for $1,760,000), the 2015 McLaren P1 (sold for $1,732,500), and the 1953 Ferrari 212 Europa Coupe (sold for $1,067,000).
Top Five World-Record Prices*
- Lot 134 – 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Speciale, sold for $8,085,000
- Lot 34 – 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Series I, sold for $4,455,000
- Lot 28 – 1963 Iso Grifo A3/L Prototype, sold for $1,760,000
- Lot 124 – 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package, sold for $825,000
- Lot 136 – 1951 Alfa Romeo 1900C Sprint, sold for $616,000
“What a thrill to sell such a sensational group of cars, especially the most valuable car of the week,” states David Gooding, President and Founder of Gooding & Company. “Our team worked hard to curate such a fantastic group of historic, high-quality cars and the record-breaking results speak for themselves.”
Fittingly, Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) stock finished at an all time high Monday.
|NYSE:RACE||121.33||22 January 2018||0.37||120.85||121.34||120.5||272,874|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bullish (0.42)||Bullish (0.35)||Very Bullish (0.65)||Bullish (0.26)|
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Bull Case for Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) is Strong - February 20, 2020
- F1: Seb Vettel, “Our SF1000 ‘definitely a step up from last year'” - February 20, 2020
- US Economy Roars Because President Trump Shredded Hussein Obama Stagnation Policies - February 20, 2020