The Belmont is now a prep for the Kentucky Derby. It is not being allowed to play its customary Triple Crown dream-killer role this year.
The 2020 Belmont, the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness have suffered this year from the removal of Thoroughbred racing’s intense Rites of Spring as the races are now strewn across the calendar and into the Fall.
Now, as in all professional sports, there’s the fact that the tracks’ grandstands and clubhouses will be empty of the spectators’ hopes and cheers. The runners will perform to silence.
Below are the early fractional odds on the probable contenders, listed with their trainers.
NB: The horses are listed in ascending order of the odds against them.
1) Tiz The Law, B. Tagg, 6/5
2) Dr Post, T. Pletcher, 4/1
3) Pneumatic, S. Asmussen, 6/1
4) Tap It To Win, M. Casse, 10/1
5) Sole Volante, P. Biancone, 10/1
6) Modernist, B. Mott, 12/1
7) Farmington Road, T. Pletcher, 15/1
8) Max Player,L. Rice, 30/1
9) Jungle Runner, S. Asmussen, 50/1
That the Belmont is being run at a mile-and-an-eighth this year and the handicapping for the Triple Crown is upside down.
Have a great day at the races!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Progressive Left, Elites and RINO’s Pushed Him Out, But Donald Trump says “America, I am not going away” - January 19, 2021
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - January 19, 2021
- Sitting on a Cash Pile 10.0? Cannabis Welcomes Mr. Biden - January 19, 2021