With Nov. 11 being Veterans Day and 461,000 American veterans still unemployed as of October, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released a pair of reports to help support the brave men and women who’ve done so much for us: 2016’s Best & Worst Places for Veterans to Live and 2016’s Best Military Credit Cards.
The Best & Worst Places for Veterans report compares 100 of the most populated U.S. cities across 21 key metrics, ranging from “percentage of military skill-related jobs” to “housing affordability” to “availability of VA health facilities.” Highlights from both reports can be found below.
|Best Cities for Veterans||Worst Cities for Veterans|
|1||Scottsdale, AZ||91||Fort Wayne, IN|
|2||Laredo, TX||92||Chicago, IL|
|3||Irvine, CA||93||Baltimore, MD|
|4||Plano, TX||94||Cincinnati, OH|
|5||Austin, TX||95||Jersey City, NJ|
|6||El Paso, TX||96||Boston, MA|
|7||Colorado Springs, CO||97||Memphis, TN|
|8||San Diego, CA||98||Cleveland, OH|
|9||Tampa, FL||99||Newark, NJ|
|10||Orlando, FL||100||Detroit, MI|
2016’s Best Military Credit Cards
- USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card: 5% cash back on gas and military-base purchases (up to $3,000 per year); 2% cash back on supermarket purchases (up to $3,000 per year); 1% cash back on everything else; no annual fee.
- PenFed Defender Visa Signature: $100 bonus for spending $1,500 within 90 days of account opening; 1.5% cash back on all purchases; no annual fee.
- Navy Federal Credit Union Flagship Rewards Credit Card: 30,000 points (worth $300) for spending $3,000 within 90 days of account opening; 2 points per $1 spent on all purchases; no annual fee the first year ($49 thereafter).
- U.S. Pride Credit Card: $100 initial bonus; 3% cash back on gas and 2% at grocery stores/wholesale clubs (first $2,500 spent each quarter); 1% cash back on everything else; 0% on new purchases for the first 12 months; no annual fee.
For the full reports, please visit:
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- World War 3: Not a Race War an Economic War - June 2, 2020
- Hottest Instagram Accounts This Week: Kate Upton, 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐃𝐨 𝐈𝐭 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞, Jennifer Lopez - March 6, 2020
- ASEAN Market Preview - April 19, 2017