It is urgent that all Australian politicians understand the dangers in the Paris Climate Agreement.
Here are the Key Reasons to EXIT PARIS NOW:
- The science is not settled – hundreds of scientists in Australia and thousands more throughout the world reject the theory that human production of CO2 (carbon dioxide) is driving dangerous global warming. And the 102 computerized climate models have always predicted more warming than has occurred. They got it right once, 39 years ago.
- There is no unusual global warming. Since the last ice age ended there have been warm eras hotter than today’s modern warming – the warm peaks are getting lower, not higher. Climate has always changed in response to forces far greater than human activities. The endless procession of man-made scare campaigns about cooling, warming, ice melting, sea levels, ocean acidity, cyclones and droughts have all proved false.
- Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant – it is an invisible nat gas that supplies the whole food chain. More carbon dioxide is beneficial to the biosphere – forests, grasses and crops grow better thus benefiting all animal life that relies on plants.
- The populous world nations are unlikely to curb their CO2 emissions – China, India, Russia, Brazil, USA, Japan, SE Asia, Indonesia, Africa and the Arab world will ignore Paris limits.
- Despite 20 years of favorable promotion, subsidies, taxes, targets and propaganda the contribution of the intermittent energy producers (wind and solar) to world energy supplies is trivial – about 3% (see if you can find “solar” in the graph below.)
- Australian energy policies, taxes and targets are making electricity more costly and less reliable, hurting consumers and driving industry off-shore. And once they have ruined electricity and coal their next targets will be agriculture and motorists.
- With no nuclear power, no geothermal power, limited hydro potential and increasing barriers to gas exploration, Australia has few options except coal for cheap reliable grid power, and oil products for transport.
- With a huge continent, a small population and heavy reliance on exports, each Australian will be heavily penalised by the Paris Agreement for the emissions associated with exports consumed by others.
- Compliance with the Paris Agreement will destroy industries and jobs, encourage bureaucracy and transfer controls and money to affiliates of the UN.
- Should the world experience even modest cooling in the decades ahead Australia will urgently need increased supply of reliable power for homes and industry and the global atmosphere will need more carbon dioxide plant food.
By Viv Forbes
Paul Ebeling, Editor
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - June 26, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - June 26, 2019
- President Trump,”I Do Not Need Exit Strategies if War With Iran” - June 25, 2019