US President Donald Trump, who has been eagerly exchanging personal insults with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and threatening military action on multiple occasions, is the one who “lit the fuse of war,” Pyongyang’s top diplomat, Ri Yong-ho, told TASS in an interview released Wednesday.
Therefore, our nuclear arsenal is a “deterrent that guarantees peace and security in the region and the right of the Korean nation to exist and develop,” Ri said.
The punitive sanctions, imposed by the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) are also a product of Washington’s hostility against North Korea, the diplomat claimed, adding, that the US is trying to gather more nations under its banner to further tighten the restrictions.
“The United States, these days, is conducting a policy of sanctions against both countries – the DPRK and Russia, trying at the same time to make Russia join the campaign of sanctions against the DPRK with the aim of breeding discord between our countries,” the official noted.
Russia has repeatedly warned that attempts to pressure North Korea into stopping its nuclear missile program and avoiding World War 3 through sanctions could only lead to further confrontation, especially amid the never-ending war of words by Washington and Pyongyang while threatening to destroy each other.
“Ramping up military hysteria in such conditions is senseless. It’s a dead end. It could lead to a global, planetary catastrophe and a huge loss of human life. There is no other way to solve the North Korean nuclear issue, save that of peaceful dialogue,” President Vladimir Putin said in September, just days after North Korea conducted its sixth nuclear test.
“They will eat grass, but will not stop their program as long as they do not feel safe,” Putin pointed out.
North Korea appears to share a similar stance, as their FM reiterated his country’s position; that the only condition for talks between Pyongyang and Washington is that the US “should abandon its hostile policy and the nuclear threat against the DPRK.”
The US, however, does not appear to be that eager to negotiate with Pyongyang. While Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated that Washington maintains contacts with North Korea, Trump claimed that his foreign policy chief was simply “wasting his time trying to negotiate with ‘Little Rocket Man,’” in reference to North Korean leader Kim.
Trump tweeted last week that any talks with North Korea were pointless, a waste of time, involved “massive amounts of money” and that “only one thing will work,” presumably referring to military action once again and the start of World War 3.
There’s a possibility for direct dialogue with Seoul instead, according to Ri, but only if the South starts to conduct its own policy instead of blindly following the US.
“As long as [South Koreans] resort to sanctions and pressure against us, following the US policy, we see no prospect for improving inter-Korean relations,” he said.
South Korea has been ramping up its military activity, conducting joint drills with the US and its regional allies, rendering the prospect of direct talks between the two Koreas virtually impossible.
Apart from flexing its military muscle, Seoul has also repeatedly threatened Pyongyang with a preemptive strike and has allegedly plotted to exterminate the North’s top leadership.
Just on Tuesday, two South Korean F-15K fighter jets joined American B-1B supersonic bombers from Guam to conduct a “simulated air-to-ground missile-firing drill” with the Americans and the Japanese over the Korean Peninsula.
World War 3 and The Assassination of Kim Jong-un
South Korean lawmaker Rhee Cheol-hee made the claim on Tuesday, saying the information came from Seoul’s Defense Ministry, Yonhap reports. Rhee sits on the defense committee and is a member of the country’s ruling party.
The data, said to be 235 gigabytes of military documents, was stolen from the Defense Integrated Data Center in September 2016. Rhee said 80 percent of the information hadn’t been identified.
“The Ministry of National Defense has yet to find out about the content of 182 gigabytes of the total (stolen) data,” the lawmaker said
The documents reportedly include contingency plans for war, drawn up by the US and South Korea, along with details on power plants and military facilities.
Operational Plan 5015 is the latest Seoul-Washington protocol for war with Pyongyang, and contains plans to “decapitate” the North Korean leadership. Operational Plan 3100 details how to respond to North Korean provocations, Yonhap reports.
In May, South Korea said it had a large amount of data stolen and that North Korea may have been behind it, although the secretive state denied this.
North Korea Pushes for World War 3
The Korean Asia-Pacific Peace Committee (KAPPC) has described US president Donald Trump as an “old psychopath of America,” warning in a statement that Trump’s “reckless behavior” towards Pyongyang will only precipitate the “doomsday of the US.”
“We once again warn the old psychopath of America against his hysteria. His brandishing of the ‘sanctions’ club and muscle-flexing with tiger-moth-like bombers before the fire-ready revolutionary forces of the DPRK (North Korea) is just a suicidal act of inviting a nuclear disaster that will reduce America into a sea of flames,” a statement carried by the official KCNA news said.
“The more reckless behavior of Trump ignorant of himself and the rival will only harden the retaliatory will of the army and people of the DPRK (North Korea) against the US. It will precipitate the doomsday of the US. Trump should bear this in mind,” the statement, released on Sunday, noted.
Pyongyang’s statement is the latest salvo in a war of words between North Korea and the US.
Trump meanwhile has said earlier that Washington was prepared to strike North Korea if necessary with “devastating” consequences for the country.
“We are totally prepared for the second option, not a preferred option. But if we take that option, it will be devastating for North Korea. That is called the military option. If we have to take it, we will,” Trump said during a joint news conference with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy in Washington.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Stop the NFL Disrespect to the USA, Sign Trump’s Petition - October 23, 2017
- World War 3 B-52 Nuclear Bombers on High Alert - October 23, 2017
- Trump Ready for World War 3 - October 23, 2017