Westpac Banking Corp (ASX:WBC) HEFFX Highlights
- “The rest of our ATMs, 570 of them, will be rolled out on Wednesday which makes it about 90 per cent of our network.”
- About 3300 customers use the classic te reo Māori option each month, he said.
- “We thought it would be a good opportunity to revitalise Māori language with our customers but also with our broader community,” he said.
- “We are already in talks with other iwi, so it is a simple process that we can allow their dialect to be on our ATMs as well.”
- Te reo Maori expert Pānia Papa, Waikato-Tainui tribal member and translator for the bank’s initiative, was at Monday’s launch.
- “We’re at a local level here in Kirikiriroa [Hamilton]. The people who live and work here on an everyday basis use the local dialect,” Papa said.
Westpac Banking Corporation is a banking organization. The Company provides a range of banking and financial services in markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services. The Company is engaged in the provision of financial services, including lending, deposit taking, payments services, investment portfolio management and advice, superannuation and funds management, insurance services, leasing finance, general finance, interest rate risk management and foreign exchange services. The Company’s segments include Consumer Bank, Business Bank, BT Financial Group (BTFG), Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) and Westpac New Zealand. The Company has branches throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia and in the Pacific region. The Company through its division offers its services under various brands, such as Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and RAMS brands.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 32.71.
The projected lower bound is: 30.60.
The projected closing price is: 31.66.
WESTPAC FPO closed up 0.320 at 31.650. Volume was 18% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 5% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
31.590 31.960 31.550 31.650 5,610,342
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 31.20 31.70 32.45
Volatility: 14 21 21
Volume: 4,182,187 5,389,514 6,043,000
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
WESTPAC FPO gapped up today (bullish) on normal volume. Possibility of a Runaway Gap which usually signifies a continuation of the trend. Four types of price gaps exist – Common, Breakaway, Runaway, and Exhaustion. Gaps acts as support/resistance.
WESTPAC FPO is currently 2.5% below its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of WBC.AX at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on WBC.AX and have had this outlook for the last 11 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 64.0708. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 51.40. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 67 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 65. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Rowsley Limited (SGX:A50) Trading Outlook - November 19, 2017
- Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SGX:Z74) Trading Outlook - November 19, 2017
- DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX:D05) Trading Outlook - November 19, 2017