The Week Ahead on Wall Street
$AYI, $DRI, $STZ, $GPN, $MON, $YUM
Q-4 (October) started Saturday, the month infamous for the Y 1929 and the & 1987 crashes.
The Jewish High Holy Days started Sunday evening with Rosh Hashanah.
L’shanah tovah to those readers who observing the High Holidays.
7 S&P 500 companies will report earnings to Wall Street: Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI) and Micron Technology (NYSE:MU) Tuesday; and Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI), Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ), Global Payments (NYSE:GPN), Monsanto (NYSE:MON) and Yum! Brands (NSE:YUM) Wednesday.
The week’s 1st economic reports of note will be the September purchasing managers’ manufacturing index (PMI), the September ISM manufacturing survey and August construction spending, which will be released Monday.
Wednesday will feature the September ADP Employment Report, August international trade data, August factory orders and the September ISM non-manufacturing survey.
September jobs data, including the change in NFPs (non-farm payrolls) and the unemployment rate will be released Friday.
6 US Fed officials will make public jawboning appearances this week, as follows:
- Chicago President Charles Evans Tuesday
- Richmond President Jeffrey Lacker Tuesday
- Wednesday Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer
- Cleveland President Loretta Mester Friday
- Kansas City President Esther George Friday and
- Fed Governor Lael Brainard Friday
Have a terrific week
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Top 5 Ferraris (NYSE:RACE) Sold at Auction - September 22, 2017
- No Bear Market or Recession Seen Until at Least 2019 - September 22, 2017
- “Crime of the Century” is Obama’s Gamble on Illegal Surveillance - September 22, 2017